Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Point of view: Maive

My parents didn't bother to drive me to Boarding school themselves. They made our private limo driver, George drove me to my new school. We drove for several hours. I didn't talk much on the way there. Well I didn't talk much recently. I wasn't really in the mood. So I pretty much sat in silence for 4 hours. We drove up to the school. It was big and beautiful but I didn't really want to be there. I sighed and opened the door before George could. I got out of the limo and grabbed my bags. Normally George would do that but I'm just not like that. I don't like people doing things for me.

I looked around at the huge brick building and walked towards the entrance. Above the door it said "A loci mutationi Academy" I opened the door and walked to the office. It pretty much looked like a normal high school. I told the lady at the front desk my name and that I'm new here. "Oh yes your Maive!" She said excitedly and jumped out of her chair. She walked around her desk and put her arm around me in a friendly way. "Well I'll have to get Lily!" She said quickly and ran into a classroom. A tall Blonde girl walked out of the room and she walked past me. 25 faces turned to look at me. The all just gave me an icy stare. I slowly walked away and followed the desk lady. "This is Lily!...She'll be your guide today!...By the way I'm Mrs. Moore!" Mrs. Moore said excitedly.

She walked away and Lily looked at me. Then she looked down at my bags. "Well I guess we should go to your dorm first..." She said sounding a bit annoyed. She walked quickly down a corridor. She was hard to keep up with. We went through a large door that read "Girl Dorms" We walked a long ways until we reached my new room. "Your room 138...Bed number 2" She said quietly and walked off. I sat down on my bed. It was the bottom bunk. I looked around the room and unpacked a few things. Lily walked back in the room and handed me a piece of paper with my schedule on it. "Here's your schedule...You won't go to classes today but you should walk around and find where you'll have to go tomorrow" She said quietly and walked away. "Well...So much for being a guide" I mumbled to myself and sighed.

I looked down at the paper. 1st I have Math in room 156. I slowly walked out of the room and looked at the map on the back of the sheet. I walked around, through a few hallways and up a flight of stairs. I found room 156. There wasn't a class in there currently. I shyly walked in and saw a tall blonde man writing on the chalkboard with yellow chalk. He turned and looked at me. "Well hello!" He said in a cheery voice. "You must be our new student ..." His voice trailed off and he walked over to his computer. He clicked and scrolled a few times. "Oh Yes Your Maive!" He said cheerfully and put his hand out. I looked down at his hand for a moment then I shook it. He smiled brightly and shook back hard. "Nice to meet you...I'm Mr. Turner" He said happily and looked down at the schedule in my hands. "You have art for your second class....I'll walk you there...I don't have anything else better to do" He said nicely and put his arm around me. He guided me out of the room and into the hall. We walked down to the end of the hallway and down a long flight of stairs. We reached a colorful stretch of hall leading to the art room. He let go of me and waved. He walked away and I strolled towards the art room.

I walked in and there was a class but they were busy so they didn't notice me. I walked over to a black haired lady sitting at a computer. She looked up and smiled. "Well you must be Maive...I'm Mrs. Corch!" She said happily and stood up. She quickly shook my hand and grabbed my schedule. She looked at it intensly. "Hm...You have science next" She said quietly and gave it back to me. She pointed to the left. "Go that way and up two floors" She said softly. I smiled slightly and walked out of the room. I followed her directions by going to the left and going up two floors. I saw the science room.

I quietly walked in and saw a young handsome brunette looking through a textbook. "Um...Do you now where..." My voice trailed off and I looked down at my schedule. "Do you know where Mr. Clark is" I asked quietly. He looked over at me and smiled. "I'm Mr. Clark" He said in a friendly way. "Oh..." I said shyly. He chuckled. "I know I look about your age but I am a teacher" He said causually. "How old are you anyway?" I asked rudely. "20..." He replied softly. I sighed and looked away. He turned my face with his hand gently like Ronin would. I slapped his hand away. He reminded me of Ronin. I ran far away from that classroom. I looked at my schedule. I had Social studies 4th hour. It was just down the hall.

I quickly walked over to the room. I walked in and a fat man with curly brown hair looked up at me. He looked back down at his papers. I sighed and he looked back up at me. "I'm Mr. Johnson..." He said grumpily. I smiled fakely and walked out of the room. I had lunch next but I already missed that. 5th hour I have English. I went up two flights of stairs and to the other end of the hall. A bell rang and all the kids left their class rooms. A bunch of them stared at me. That freaked me out. I ducked into the english room and ran into a tall, pudgy, curly haired blonde woman. She huffed and gently pushed me off. "You must be Maive" She said sounding a bit irratated. "Yes Ma'am" I said politely and looked down. "I'm Ms. Nelson" She said quietly and turned around. She walked over to the white board and started erasing the marker from the board.

I walked out of the room and into the hallway. I quickly moved through the groups of people. The bell rang again and pretty much everyone got into a classroom. I looked down at my schedule. I have gym 6th hour. I walk to the stairs and went down 4 floors. I reached the gym. A tall muscular man was locking the doors. He turned around and ran into me. "Oh sorry!" He said sweetly and looked down at me. "Oh!...Your Maive...Right?" He said shyly. I nodded. He smiled a big chessy smile and shook my hand rapidly. "I'm Mr. Fredrickson!" He said cheerfully. I smiled and looked down at my schedule. He looked at the paper too. "Well study hall is basically a time where you can spend another hour to work in a class" He said softly and smiled. "Nice to meet you" We said at the same time. He chuckled and walked away. I sighed and walked back to my dorm. I sat on my bed and sighed. I picked up my suitcase and unpacked the rest of my things. I put my clothes in the dresser, made my bed, put up a few decorations in my area and put my toiletries in the bathroom. Then I didn't know what to do.