Letter Three (Edited)

To you my amazing Mark.

It seems like a lifetime since I last wrote but that was only last week. School is so stressful. Sometimes, I just want to chuck my books out of the window with frustration and run out of the class to find you and hold you in my arms again. Quite a romantic thought, don't you think? I just want to keep myself positive by thinking about you.

Tonight's letter memory is about the house party but first of all, I will fill you in on some more news:

First of all, my cousin is doing well. She went in for her check-up and it was normal which was good to hear. The baby is doing fine but we still cannot tell if it is a boy or a girl. So, I have called the baby BoyGirl. Nigel started at a new sports club yesterday doing Tennis. He's the smallest boy in the class but he tries his very best. Some of the older and taller boys do not look very welcoming but I told him not to pay any attention to them.

Sam and Drew had a moonlight picnic a few days ago. Honestly, Sam would not shut up about how amazing the date went. I had to virtually switch off my mobile phone for the whole night just to try and block out the happy scenes which had unfolded between the pair of them. It put a grey cloud over my happy mood which wasn't nice.

I had a look around a sixth form a few nights ago. It is on one of my lists of places to go and look at. I was rather nervous but the people there were ever so nice. The free biscuits and drinks were the best bit. C'mon! You have to admit that freebies are great!

I treated myself to Cody Simpson's new EP. I honestly could not stop listening to it the whole day. Nigel ran into my room screaming at me to switch it off. Just to spite him, I put it on repeat. His face looked like a screaming baby which was in the middle of a temper tantrum. It was ever so funny. Except when Mum ran in and forced me to switch the iPod off, the smile had gone from my face. But I did put my headphones on and listened to it through them instead. At least that you can't hear music out in the open if a person is wearing headphones.

I am going to reflect on the house party that we both went to. To do this, I'm once again opening up my inner most thoughts that are stored in my mind.

Before the party, I had a few snacks to eat so that I wouldn't feel faint later on in the evening. The last thing that I wanted to happen was ending up unwell and passing out like a floppy fish! I got changed and slapped some make-up on and out I went.

The speed of the wind picked up when I walked through the estate. Luckily, the jacket which my aunt had given me as a birthday present kept me warm and was rather comfortable.

When I got to the house, the first thing that I noticed were the flashing lights from the upstairs window and loud trance music blasting out. I slowly entered the house and spot Sam and Drew talking in the corner of the living room holding hands. Sam smiled and tucked her fringe behind her ear. I was so tempted to march back out and back towards home until you grabbed me from behind and pulled me in for a hug. I remember smiling and giggling when you tickled me under the chin. My chin is my most ticklish spot, most people's ticklish spot I think. But, I don't want to start lecturing about facial parts in this letter. I'm not a science expert and I certainly don't want to be one!

You took my hand and lead me upstairs to the main buzz of the party where everyone was jumping around, and the speakers playing loud music on repeat and the lights flashing continually. My eyes and head felt funny and I whispered to you, 'I need to go.'

'No, no and no.' you whispered to me with a small pause between each no as you kiss me on the forehead. Well, I wasn't happy with you at all because of the response. After all, this had been my very first house party as I tended to stay away from them because they were for the cool kids and I wasn't cool.

My biggest fear that evening was drunk teens having a bish bosh at one another over something stupid like a football game or something. I never wanted to get close to things like that, it scared me to the core and something that I didn't need or want close to my life.

When Sam and Drew entered and started to accuse me of being a chicken, you defended me with all of the might and power. Sam's face was just a picture. She had not said a single word but yet she was still being told to get out. The joy of revenge. Both of them stomped out without saying a single word.

You turned towards me and said those three words that everyone at some point wants to hear, "I love you."

I loved it when you pulled me in close and whispered it into my ear, it made me feel warm and happy.

After quite a lot of kissing (too much information I know!) I think the funniest bit of the evening was when Drew marched in to the box room again and saw us kissing and tried to yell to the rest of the crew about it but the music was so loud that no-one could hear him. He stomped off again and I started to giggle.

Both of us walked downstairs. I think I was at the party for only an hour before I went home with you. But then again, I'm not sure for certain.

The walk home was peaceful once we had left the party. I remembering hearing an owl up one of those tall trees and I also saw a ginger cat trotting up the street having no cares. I did feel a small snab of jealously seeing the ginger cat. Why? Because he wasn't freaking out like I was.

'Mark. I'm sorry.' I said to you as we carried on walking.

'About what?' you asked me.

'You were enjoying the party,' I replied, 'And it's all my fault that I got so scared about it.'

'There will be others to go to.' you said to me. I have to confess that what you said reassured me a lot as I was worried about what you were thinking.

You were such a kind gentleman to me. You escorted me right up to my room and gave me a big hug and a kiss before leaving me with a small piece of cake that you had managed to smuggle out of the party. I took a small bite out of the raspberry cheesecake but I found the taste rather sweet.      

I don't remember much after that. I think I might have dropped off to sleep soon after still in my partying outfit which was a bummer since the following morning, the outfit was all creased and flat. I didn't know how my mum would react. You've seen her Mark getting into fits about washing and our clothes.

Now, if there are any more house parties happening at that house, I am just going to dodge them altogether and I mean that, because for me, that house didn't feel safe. I didn't want something horrible to happen to me like taking alcohol and getting drunk and end up doing stupid things like dancing around outside with no warm things on.

Let's face it. I am a naturally quiet person. Loud music and late night partying is a big fat no-no.

It is not your fault Mark. Thanks for helping me to try and get over that fear of house parties. But I think that this house party put me off the thought of going to another one any time soon.

Now,

I am going to go and have dinner with the parents and Nigel. I will write again soon my wonderful boy. Keep well and keep safe. I really hope that you are still out there in your new home thinking about me and dreaming about me. That's my biggest wish Mark, that you don't forget about me.

Until next time,

Love Sara.

--------------------------

It's Car here!

I do have to confess that I have high hopes for this novel. I feel really confident about it. Thanks to everyone who has read it so far. If you have any feedback, don't forget to leave it in the comments section below! I will take all feedback given to me on board.

Thanks so much for all of your support.

Thank you!