|| Chapter 7 || A Date With Prince Alex

"WHAT?!"

"Shh, not so loud, Misty," (Y/n) hushed the maid who cupped her hands over her mouth, smiling brightly.

"But your going on a date with Prince Alex~ My baby grows up so fast," she cried, pretending to clear away a fake tear from her eyes as (Y/n) blushed.

"Its not a date. We're just going to the garden to walk around a bit, get to know each other," (Y/n) defended as Zelda shook her head, smiling with a hand on her cousins shoulder.

"(Y/n), its clear that Prince Alex is wishing to go on a date with you. It sounds very fun too. A walk in the garden, just you and him," the Princess said dreamily as (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Say what you want, its not a date. Right Link?" (Y/n) looked to the hero who stood in silence, snapping out of his thoughts at the sound of his name.

"A-Ah, I-I agree with (Y/n). Alex didn't say it was a date," he agreed, looking away. Even though he said nothing about it, he did hear the whole conversion Alex and (y/n) had about the 'date' as Zelda and Misty put it. To tell the truth, he would call it a date too but he didn't want to believe it was.

"Whatever it is, it will be a great chance for you two to talk. This is wonderful~" Zelda hugged (Y/n) as she laughed, hugging her back," you should be going. Don't want to keep your Prince charming waiting."

"Alright. I suppose I'll meet up with you all afterward and tell you how it went at dinner," (Y/n) pulled away from Zelda and smiled at her as she nodded.

"Remember, have fun~" Misty hugged (Y/n) next, the bright smile never leaving her face.

"Okay. I'll see you all at dinner," she waved to them, hurrying off to the garden as the two girls sighed, watching her go.

"If this goes well, (Y/n) might find she actually likes Alex and she'll be happier," Misty smiled as Zelda nodded.

"Lets just hope it goes well, right Link?" Zelda turned to the male, raising an eyebrow as he was no longer standing behind them all. The two looked around, not seeing the boy anywhere in sight," Link...where'd he go?"

~~~Time Skip~~~

(Y/n) hurried down the path of the garden, looking around for the garden arbor where she was to meet Prince Alex. Sure enough, she spotted the arbor and the quiet Prince standing under it, looking very nervous as he rocked back and forward on the heels of his shoes.  

"Prince Alex," (Y/n) smiled, walking up to him as he looked up at her, smiling a bit as well.

"Princess (Y/n). Thank you for joining me for this walk," he bowed, his bangs falling in front of his eyes as he did.

"I should be thanking you for inviting me. I think it would be pretty nice to get to know you a bit more considering we're expected to spend our lives together," she whispered the last part yet the Prince still heard, sighing and nodding as he looked to the side.

"Oh I know...Its a lot of pressure having to marry someone you don't know," they both nodded slowly, looking to each other and laughing a bit.

"So your also nervous about this whole thing I take it?" (Y/n) asked, walking at his side as they made their way down the path of the garden, walking pass all the wonderful flowers that grew there.

"Yes, how could I not," Alex chuckled, looking down," but I think the more time we get to know each other, the more comfortable we'll both be knowing the other persons personality and what their like."

"I agree. So, Prince Alex, tell me about yourself. What do you enjoy?" (Y/n) smiled at him as he thought, humming to himself.

"Well, I enjoy reading and writing...a lot actually. Any second I get I'm either reading a book or writing a random short story of my own," he explained as (Y/n) smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah...what about you? What do you enjoy?" Alex asked (Y/n) as she shrugged.

"Like I said the day you first came, there isn't much to know about me. I'm just simple (Y/n)," the Princess explained, the two stopping as they came under one of the willow trees of the garden, sitting under it together as Alex listened to (Y/n) speak, frowning.

"Oh but there must be so much more than just 'simple (Y/n)'. Look at yourself. Your beautiful, sweet, smart...I could tell you many things about yourself that I can just tell from a few conversions with you. Your seem like a very special Princess if you ask me," Alex smiled, moving a piece of (h/c) hair out of (y/n)'s face as she blushed, looking away.

Now, little did the two know, they weren't alone there once again. No, you see, just in the tree above them as the hero, listening to their words. Link sat up in the tree, watching them talk and glaring darkly at Alex. Every time he heard the Prince's voice or saw his face, the hero couldn't help but feel upset. 

"He's only talked to her a few times...how could he already tell what she's like?" he hissed under his breath, leaning forward as he tried to see them. His blood boiled when Alex got close to (Y/n), making him want to go down there and hit the guy back away from her.

'Why do I feel like this? (Y/n)'s not my girlfriend...I don't like her...do I?' he frowned, sighing as he lowered his head.

Snap

'Oh no,' the branch jerked, snapping as he fell forward, falling off the branch and towards the ground as he tried to stop himself by grabbing another branch however he failed miserably as he only contained to fall towards the Prince and Princess sitting under the tree below.

"You know (Y/-" Alex began, staring into (Y/n)'s eyes before a yell interrupted the two. 

Before they would even look up, Alex was knocked to the ground as (Y/N) gasped, jumping back with wide eyes," L-Link?"

Sure enough, Link had just happened to land right on top of the Prince, both of them lying on the ground groaning in pain. Link looked up, meeting (y/n)'s shocked (e/c) eyes as he laughed nervously.

"H-Hiya P-Princess...hehe..."