|| Chapter 20 || Escape

(Link's P.O.V)

"Link let me go!" (Y/n) struggled in my arms, trying to hit me and get away but I still didn't let her do so. After what just happened there's no way I'm letting her go back to a castle with Ganondorf waiting there for her.

"This should be far enough. We're safe here," Anti informed us all, stopping in the middle of the clearing and looking around the place.

I set (Y/n) down carefully but the second I did she turned, going to run back towards the castle as I quickly grabbed her wrist," (Y/n) stop!"

"I have to go back! Father's hurt and Ganondorf has our friends!" She cried, containing to try and run back to the castle as tears were in her eyes.

"There's nothing we can do about it now! Stop please!"

"No! I have to help them!"

"Just face the facts Princess, you go back there and you'll end up dead like your father," Anti spoke plainly as (Y/n) turned, glaring at her.

"F-Father isn't dead!"

"He looked pretty dead to me," Anti shrugged as (Y/n) frowned.

"We can rest here for the night were its safe. Everyone will be fine back at the Castle, I'm sure," I whispered as (Y/n) looked to me, hesitating before finally nodding.

"Ganondorf's Aryan's dad. That explains why he's the way he is," Anti clicked her tongue," I doubt he'll kill anyone else. Judging on the fact he didn't come after us, he must expect you to come to him. I bet he'll keep everyone there and wait for you to come save them."

"How will we save them though?" (Y/n) asked, looking to the sorceress who only shrugged.

"Oh! Maybe my sister knows a way to save them~" Cody raised his hand in the air, smiling brightly as all three of us looked back to him.

"Your sister...?"

"Yeah! Don't you think she can help, Anti?" He turned to Anti who thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Maybe...We'll go to the Rina Kingdom tomorrow whether she can help us or not. We need somewhere to stay other than the middle of a forest," Anti answered as we all nodded in agreement.

With that, we all made camp there in the forest clearing. Cody and I went to get firewood as Anti and (Y/n) stayed behind. When we got back, we lit the fire thanks to Cody's 'amazing' magic skills as he called them. To tell the truth, it was kind of cool how at the snap of his fingers he could create a magical flame like he did. I wish I could do that, it would make traveling a lot easier.

"Say, can't you use magic, (Y/n)?" He looked away from the fire to her as she blinked, shaking her head with a frown.
"I have never learned much on how to use it...I'm afraid I'm useless with it unless I do."
"I use to think that about myself when I was young but don't worry Princess, it just takes time. One day you'll be able to control the magic, don't you worry~"

"Thank you Prince Cody...I was wondering, are you two...dating or-?" (Y/n) titled her head, smiling innocently at Cody and Anti as both their eyes went wide.

"As if," Anti glared at Cody as he just laughed it off, shaking his hands in front of him.

"No, we're just best friend-"

"-We're not even that-"

"-Anti has a crush on someone else anyways and I haven't found a girl to love yet," he explained, shrugging as I raised an eyebrow, looking to Anti.

"Who's your crush?"

"As if I'd tell any of you!" she snapped, crossing her arms and looking away with a light blush covering her cheeks as we all laughed a bit at her stubbornness.

"What about you two, are you guys dating?" Cody asked, looking to (Y/n) and I as we both blushed, looking to each other.

"U-Us? Dating?"

"Of course~! I mean, you obviously love each other! The only way to break the spell Aryan but on you is to have the person you love most kiss you," Cody exclaimed as (Y/n)'s blush darkened and she looked away. Then Cody turned to me," and Link just keep going on and on about how much he wanted to save you and how Alex couldn't possibly marry you so I bet he was jealous cause he loves you~"

"T-To be honest, I don't know what we are," I heard (Y/n) whisper as I still couldn't even speak,"...we only ever kissed that one time..."

"Well in my book, I'm calling you a couple!" Cody cheered as we both looked to each other laughing a bit at how childish he was despite being older than both of us. He reminds me of Misty just a male...

"I won't mind that..." (Y/n) muttered as I felt my blush darken. Cody laughed, almost falling over as Anti just stared into the fire, not seeming to listen much as her eyes were narrowed. When I looked to her, I could see a hint of worry flashing in her eyes.

(Y/n) must of noticed to because she looked over to the sorceress, frowning," Anti...you look upset. Are you alright?"

"I was just thinking about Ganondorf is all," she shrugged, sitting up straight and looking away from us as (Y/n) looked down sadly.

"Do you think he's going to hurt anyone else like he hurt my father...?" She questioned as I could tell she was worried. After all, Zelda, Misty, her mother, many people were such with the evil Lord back at the castle.

"I won't lie, I don't know what he'll do. All I can tell you is that he won't kill anyone you care about. Like I said before, he most likely expects you to come running back to save everyone so I won't worry about your friends, their safe," she rested her chin in the palm of her hand, glaring out into the forest as she seemed angry for some reason.

"You seem to be really sure about this..." I whispered as she sighed, nodding.

"Trust me, I know Ganondorf better than all three of you do," she explained as we all raised eyebrows, even Cody.

"What you mean by that Anti?" He asked as she frowned before closing her eyes tightly like she regretted saying anything at all.

"I guess its time for me to tell you the truth, isn't it?" she took a deep breath, shaking her head," your sister told me it was always my choice whether to tell this story or not and right now seems like a good time to do so. Remember when I first came to the Castle and your sister explained I'd be the new sorceress?"

(Y/n) and I both knew the question was mainly for Cody so we stayed quiet and listened as he nodded, smiling," yeah~ She said you came from a far off Kingdom to sever us-"

"-Well that was a lie."

Cody frowned as did (Y/n) and I," what do you mean it was a lie?"

"I didn't come from a 'far off Kingdom', I came under orders of Ganondorf himself..." she whispered quietly as we all stared at her, shocked at her words.

"Ganondorf? Why would you follow orders from him?! I don't understand!" Cody cried as Anti shook her head.

She was silent for a moment as if she thought about telling us any more. Finally, she turned, reaching into her bag and pulling out an old brown colored book, one that looked like it had been through quite a lot," I'm no good at explaining things. Just read this and you'll understand."

She handed the book to me out of everyone as I looked to her, hesitating to take it. (Y/n) and Cody leaned close, looking over my shoulders while trying to see the old book well. On the cover of the book was a word that was written in a messy handwriting but still we could make it out.

Diary

We all looked up at her as she faced the other way, not wanting to meet any of our eyes at all. Soon, I opened to the first page, all of us reading over it determined to know why she would ever follow orders from Ganondorf...