31.

Melanie Stephen

Melanie Stephen

Miles and I laid up in bed like how we usually do. He says that eventually he wants me to stop working at the office, but that's not happening like I didn't go to college to earn a degree only for it to go to waste. My plan was to have Nari, stay home for a couple of months and then try to get back in the office and working from home is honestly not an option.

I continued rubbing my stomach and thought about Jayceon. We haven't talked in a minute and I wonder what it is that he's been up to these days. I know he invited me to meet his mother, but I declined since I'm not ready for that yet. If Nari is his then I'm up to it but if not, I have no reason to meet her.

"You thinking about him ain't you." Miles sighed while closing his laptop.

"Yeah I haven't talked to him in a minute."

"Call him. Go to lunch with him. Whatever you feel that you gotta do."

"You wanna come?"

"Nah you do this on your own I have no problem with it." He shrugged.

I sighed and moved closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder and rubbed his thigh.

"You know I love you and only you...and Nari...and Chase...basically my family." I giggled.

"Yeah I know, because you're my future wifey." He smiled and grabbed my hand. The ring that he proposed to me with twinkled under the light and this was honestly the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen. It was a pretty color and fit nicely on my chubby finger.

"What made you do it?"

"Do what?" He asked looking me up and down.

"Propose to me...why'd you do it?"

"Because I felt it was the right time for me to and I love you too much to let you leave me."

"Touché. Now we can start planning for our very own wedding." I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his.

"I'm thinking platinum?" He smirked.

"Uh no...I'm thinking teal and white...My favorite colors."

"We'll see about that." He chuckled. Nari started to move started kicking up a storm.

"Uh little girl chill out." I spoke to my belly.

"No keep going baby girl." He laughed. I hit him and laughed a little also but winced because it was starting to hurt a little the way she pressed against my side.