Chapter 2

Slowly rolling onto her back Elsa grabbed her heaving chest. Sniffling she tries to calm herself. The nausea swirled unrestrained in her empty stomach. Her head swam with half-formed regrets. As her heart felt as if the blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat. Her melancholy mood hung over herself like a black cloud, raining her personal sorrow down on her wherever she went.

When Massimo first left she would describe her heartache as an insatiable fire that burnt all the oxygen her my body leaving it listless and empty. But now it is more like a thin layer of ice, cooling her insides, a gentle reminder of the pain that came before and a warning not to stoke that fire again. They say once bitten, twice shy, but she thinks for herself it's more like forever shy.

She had given her heart to Massimo, one decision she could never argue with. She did truly love him, unlike any other man he was caring and loved her for her, and not just the sex. She had to be honest with herself, She probably would not see him.

Slowly she tugged herself from the cool floor, onto her shaky legs, gripping the wall for support. Slowly she walked down the gloomy hallway to her room. That her and Massimo once shared.  Yet again the thought of him made her tears being to well. Slowly she grabbed the door handle and closed the door. She walked over to the bed and threw herself on the stiff matress slightly bouncing with her landing. Curling up into a tight ball, she pulls the covers up to her chest, letting silent tears roll down her cheeks.
"Massimo....Come home...." She whispered to herself, slowly closing her eyes.
--//---
The initial whirlwind of confusion subsides quite quickly in Elsa, but the drogginess remains. She must have fallen asleep. Her senses are often thrown out-of-whack. She is not likely to pay attention to things that she would before, she couldn't care about anything. Depth, perception, balance, and reaction times are not as sharp, even though she often can't actually tell this at the time, leading to confusion and disorientation.  The room is dark, making it hard for Elsa's eyes to focus on anything around her. Slowly reaching her hand into thr darkness, her fingertips grazed a lampshade. Dragging her fingertips down the smooth surface she sticks her hand in, in search of the little switch quickly finding it, the soft light fills the room, She runs her fingers through her golden curls letting out a deep sigh.

She throws the covers off her legs and slowly sits up, She throws her legs over the bed onto the ground and stands up. Stretching her arms over her head as she turns and starts for the door, and it slowly starts to creak open.

Elsa panicks and couldn't move. Her body and mind froze.  She saw a head peak into the room. A fairly familiar one. The figure stepped fully into the room looking Elsa directly in the eyes, Her heart melted and her vision became blurred as her eyes welled with tears.
"Elsa..." Massimo spoke softly.  Elsa walked quickly to him smashing her lips into his and wrapping her arms tight around his neck.

Massimo wrappped his arms around her waist kissing her back with the same amount of force. He kissed her and the world fell away, it was slow and soft, comforting in ways his words could never describe.  He trailed his hand up her back resting it just below her ear, his thumb caressing her flushed cheek as he wiped away a few stray tears, as their breaths mingled.  Elsa ran her fingers up and down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no room between them, and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

Elsa looked up into Massimo's dark hazelnut eyes and smiled widely, letting out her last tears of joy.
"I missed you so much..." She whispered as,
He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, gently rubbing her arm. Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his. She sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture.

"Elsa....I am so sorry...I should have never left you...." He says sadly kissing her forehead, trying to keep his tears at bay.

"I forgive you my love......Just promise never again...." Elsa's voice was slightly muffled as her face was buried into Massimo's chest.

"I promise...." He whispers pulling her even tighter to himself.
--//--//---

The cute stuff is going to start happening nowwwww!!!! I am so excited for thid fanfic

XxJLxX