2

THEMYSCIRA
Steve Roger's POV

As I start regaining my conscious, I start to feel a wet towel rub against my skin. I open my eyes and as I do, I find a woman looking down at me as I must be laying down.

"You're awake

"You're awake." The woman speaks and ignores all eyesight with me.

The girl wears a bronze dress and she looks foreign. As her wet towel goes to my chest I grab her wrist stopping her and then let her go. She drops the towel into a table and I rise up to sit down.

As I sit down I notice that the place I am at, looks like Ancient Greece. I look at shirtless body as i have a bandage wrapped around my shoulder and I feel a bit sore.

"Where am I?" I ask her and she goes behind me grabbing me a rack with a lamp almost.

"Paradise island." She says and points the lamp on my shoulder. The light turns on and a purple light shines on my shoulder and suddenly my shoulder becomes less sore and I feel better. The girl then stops noticing I'm feeling better and pushes the rack away from me and looks at me.

"You're a man?" She says again as the first time I saw her. She asks so confused as if she's never seen one? How did I even get here? Who is she? Is this the afterlife?

"Wh- who are you?" I stutter as I stare at her.

"Princess-" She introduces herself until the doors behind her interrupt her with a women dressed like a queen with a red head following her.

"Welcome to Themyscira. We are the Amazons." The queen looking lady dressed in a lavender robe speaks as she stands next to Diana with a bunch of other girls behind her. What is this? A joke? "We live simple lives and we wish to keep it that way. There are some questions we need to ask."

"Sorry, soldiers don't talk." I say arrogantly being careful with these people as I don't know them. The girl I met earlier continues to stare at me and as I stare at her she makes me feel calm. The queen figure lady clenches her jaw and then wraps a lasso around my body and then tightens it. "What are you doing?" I ask arrogantly and confused.

"Identify yourself." The queen speaks as the lasso tightens around my body. The lasso lights up with a bright golden color and suddenly i say my name.

"U.S. Army, Captain America, Steve Rogers." I speak almost like word vomit without even controlling myself. "How did you do that?"

"This lasso was designed to bypass the untrustworthy nature of man. You cannot resist it's power." The queen speaks very arrogant as if she was higher than me. She acts superior, all the women in this room look at me superiorly. "What interest does your government have on our island?" She speaks again and the lasso lights up again.

"My government is completely unaware of the existence of your island. I'm only here because my plane crashed." I say and then struggle being a fool. "Let me go! You can't keep me here forever with this crap!"

"We are unfamiliar with this particular idiom. What does crap mean?" She says and suddenly I'm reminded that I'm in no position to even do anything.

"Forget I even said it." I tell her and then she pulls the lassos tighter on me and it lights up again. "It's another word for feces!" I say and then suddenly the whole room of women whisper to each other.

"That's disgusting." "Ew." "Man..." "oh gross."

I wasn't interested in Greek mythology in high school, but I'd be stupid to not know who the Amazons are. But I would've never thought that they actually existed.

The queen figure lady looks over at the girl I talked to before this embarrassment. "See my child, isn't it as I always said? Hear the true nature of man bare..." The queen says to her and the girl looks disappointed.

"Shall I kill him now my queen?" The red head speaks to the queen and the queen makes her choice taking the lasso off of me.

"This pilot poses no threat to our people. Therefore it is our duty to see him safely departed to the outside world." The queen says looking for volunteers until the girl who I met walks out of the crowd stepping forward.

"I want to be the one to take him back mother." She says and then her mother or the queen turns to her surprised.

"You do not have the experience necessary to lead such an expedition." The queen speaks to her daughter disappointing her. The daughter looks down sad and sighs a little. "As an ancient times, a contest will determine our emissary to the outside world. Artemis make the arrangements." The queen says and then walks out of the room. The daughter runs following her, and stops her. The daughter is passionate about taking me back, but why?

"This is not fair mother! I will always lack necessary experience unless given the opportunity to!"

"Diana, you may resent my decisions but there are evils in this world that I as you mother are compelled to protect you against."

"I am a woman now! I no longer need your protection." The mother looks at the girl, Diana, sad and then makes a small smile. "Follow me Diana."

Princess Diana's POV

Mother leads me to the prison that has always been on the island that mother has always warned me not to go in.

"It is only within this prison Diana, that you can glimpse the true darkness that lurks in the hearts of all men." Mother says as the guard opens the gates to the cave prison open and we walk in to see Persephone on her guard duty.

Mother walks in fearless and I do too to show her that I'm strong and can handle this. Mother stops halfway in the cave and then I let myself go to the door of the prison cell. I look through the small bars to see a man sitting.

"Ares, the god of war." Mother introduces me to the man in the prison. As mother says this I back away knowing this is a god trapped inside a cave. Why aren't we scared? "Do not fear."

"She is right to be scared Hippolyta. You are a fool if you think you can hold me forever. I am more than a god, I am a force of nature!" Ares speaks so husky and makes my body tremble.

"You have a breath and shadow." Mother says so fearless and then she looks at me. "This is why Diana I can not let you reunite with the outside world neither let you take your friend back home. It is easier to accept the man of nature as it is, wicked, disloyal and above all, untrustworthy." Mother says trying to scare me off from this mission but I know that she must be lying. There must be a lot of men like Steve out in this outside world, if only I could prove her wrong.