Trying to breath again, but drowning even further

It had been 6 months since my dad had woken from his coma. He had needed some recovery but had quickly resumed work and was back to his old self.

Harry and I had hit it off wonderfully. I had met Prince Charles and Camilla on numerous occasions but was still due to meet the Queen. Her birthday had gone by in the several weeks that my dad had been in the hospital so Harry and I didn't find it appropriate to jump an extra meeting in the busy weeks.

__________________________________

"You need a night out! I'm picking you up at 12 tonight." Felix's text had read. 

I had just replied with a quick "OK.". Harry was busy with work that evening so I figured I did deserve a night out, even if it were just Felix and I. 

I had put on a black lacey top and some black Topshop jeans and was excited when the doorbell finally rang. I grabbed my purse and met Felix outside on the street. I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Hi. It's been too long!". I said as we started walking towards Jacks Bar, our usual hangout spot.

__________________________________

I was intoxicated when I left the club at 4 in the morning. I looked around for a cab, grabbing Felix's arm.

In the corner of my eye I saw some flashing coming closer. And then the shouting started.

"Rosalie!" "Rosalie" "Rose, give us a smile."

__________________________________

"Rosalie leaves nightclub with new hunk. Is Harralie over?"

"We spotted our lovely Rosalie outside One  nightclub last night leaving with a new boy toy. When she became aware of the cameras she quickly ducked in a waiting cab and whizzed off but couldn't help giving us a little smile."

"Sources from inside the club the princess-to-be enjoyed a night out with her new friend, drinking and dancing fiercely."

"Prince Harry and Rosalie have been dating for nearly 5 months now and became official after only a month of dating. Rosalie is due to appear alongside Harry at a Sentebale event next week."

__________________________________

I woke with the biggest headache I had in years. I was quite used to going out but this night had been of another level. I didn't remember much so when I grabbed my phone and saw 23 missed calls and 15 text messages I became worried. All my social media apps had 100+ notifications signs and I couldn't recall a thing I had done.  

I frowned, sitting up in my bed and listened to one of the voice messages Harry had left. 

"What the fuck, Rose. What is this shit I'm waking up to? Call me when you get this. My grandmother needs to talk to you!"

I quickly pushed the dial button and he answered on the first ring.

"Open the door." he simply said.

I quickly got up, wrapped my dressing gown around my body and walked to the front door, glancing into the peephole. He was standing there fully dressed with the biggest frown on his forehead. 

When I opened the door, he simply walked in, dropping his jacket onto the kitchen counter and turned around slowly. If eyes could kill I would be lying on the ground.

"So..." I said. I didn't know what to say. I still didn't know what was going on.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"Harry." I walked up to him and when I reached out to touch his arm he recoiled. I decided to ignore it and just stepped closer till he couldn't move anymore. "Can you please explain what is going on? I just woke up to 23 calls and it feels like I have left earth for 12 hours and it has all gone to shit."

He couldn't handle the emotions on his face very well when he was with me I had noticed over the last few weeks. Even though, he had multiple hours of training for it as the Prince of England, whenever he was with me he seemed to lose all sense of emotional control. "Explain what is going on?" There was anger, hurt, pain, it all seemed to cross his face in a matter of seconds. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket and handed it to me. "Maybe, next time you go out, you should explain to the paparazzi that Felix is just a FRIEND. You've made me look like a fool, Rosalie. Like I'm the one chasing a girl with another boyfriend."

This time I was the one that bounced back a little, dropping the phone onto the counter. I looked up, tears welling in my eyes.

"Harry, please. You know they've taken this out of context. You know Felix is Jades boyfriend. Nothing would ever happen." His face seemed to relax a bit. I couldn't help but feel hurt, just the thought that he would not trust me in all of this. I thought our bond was better than that.

"But what they're saying, about the dancing,..." My head was throbbing at this point. I couldn't think clearly. I needed water, food, a shower. I felt awful. 

"I had a LOT to drink. I was DRUNK. Okay? I'm sorry. I really am. I've had some though weeks and I wanted to forget. I'm sorry I didn't think about the scene it would cause. I didn't even know they were there."

"They're always there." This, he whispered. Because he knew, right then and there. He had lost a part of me, because of this situation, because of the paparazzi. This triggered a feeling he had felt as a 12 year old when his mother passed. 

"I understand the situation, Rose." He ran a frustrated hand through his hair, he grabbed his jacket and walked to the door. "I just need some time to think." And before I could even say anything else he was gone. And I didn't know if I would ever see him again. 

__________________________________

I'm once again very sorry for the long wait! But I'm actually very happy with this chapter. I think this will be the end of the first book and I'll start a new one soon.