Chapter 13

Wayne's perspective

Watching Lisa sleep will never get old, getting up I got dressed. I'm going to go fetch some breakfast for us, Nella already knows that we have the day off. Lisa and I need some time alone. Outside the room both Luke and Ian was waiting, "Morning."

"Morning sir."

"Any news on our 'friend'?"

"No sir."

"Ian, do you think we did the right thing?"

"Yes sir, I would have loved to have beaten him to within an inch of his life, but giving him over to the authorities was the smart thing to do. How is Princess Lisa doing?"

I smile when Ian's voice held a hint of concern, "She is still sleeping, I'm on my way to go get breakfast."

"Let me sir."

"Sure, thank Ian."

"Anytime sir."

He walks off to the kitchen, "Luke, thank you for last night."

"Anytime your majesty, I'm just thankful nothing happened to her."

"As am I."

"Sir, may I speak freely?"

"Of course Luke, what's on your mind?"

"Sir, it's clear you love her and she loves you, just tell her."

"I'm planning on doing just that, thank you for caring Luke."

I walk back into the room; Lisa is still sleeping; I go sit on the porch. Everyone seems convinced that Lisa loves me back, but what if they are wrong? Guess there is only one way to find out, I should just admit my feelings for her. It's just hard knowing that I can be rejected, that she can throw my love back in my face.

"Morning."

She looks beautiful even though her hair is a mess and her eyes are barely open.

"Morning my Princess."

She smiles at me, "May I join you?"

"Please do, Ian is bringing breakfast."

"Good, cause I'm starving. I should maybe quickly go shower, you're welcome to start eating as soon as Ian comes with the food."

"I'll wait, enjoy the shower."

Lisa's perspective

I rather want to sit with Wayne on the porch but I need a shower, Ian has seen me at my worst but that doesn't mean he can't see me at my best as well. Inside the shower I allow the warm water to relax me, Wayne and I need to talk about Zane but I rather want to talk about us. Everything my dad said is running through my mind, does Wayne really love me? Dare I hope that the feelings are mutual? The fact that he showed up when I needed him should show me that he cares, but there is a huge difference between caring and loving someone like a someone is called to love their spouse.

"Lisa, Ian brought the food."

"Thanks, I'll be right out."

I hope he could hear me through the shower and closed door. I quickly finished before storming out to get to the food, I wasn't kidding when I said I was starving. Ian tried to hide his smile from me, it must be weird to see me so excited about food.

"Anything else sir?"

"No, thank you Ian. You can inform Luke that we are going to go take a walk after we eat."

'Yes sir, we'll get everything ready."

"Thank you."

Ian walks out leaving us alone, I barely notice because I'm busy getting our food.