Chapter 7

I can feel my body relaxing; I don't know what Ian is doing here but I sure am grateful he is here. Zane didn't move, he just stood there. Ian walked over, taking the scene in, I noted that he was completely dressed, it must be his turn for night duty. If it is his turn, where was he the whole time?

"You okay Princess?"

"Yes, thank you Ian."

"Zane, I told you to go."

"I'm first going to help her."

He reached for my hand, I immediately pulled away.

"I'll take it from here."

"But..."

"But nothing, leave, now!"

Zane must have heard that Ian was serious because he turned around and left. The moment he was gone I started breathing normally again.

"How do you want to do this Princess?"

"Look for a towel or something, to throw over the glass. I clean up as soon as I get this medicine in."

"Are you ill Ma'am?"

"Not feeling so hot, no wait, I feel hot, this fever is messing with me."

Ian got a towel somewhere and threw it over the glass, before walking over it I got another glass, I then walked over the towel slowly, my foot is sore and bleeding.

"Your foot, it's bleeding quite badly, stand still."

He took one of the chairs from the counter and brought it to me, "Sit, don't move. Give me the glass and medicine."

I handed it over to him and sat down on the chair, he picks up the towel that I walked over to wrap my foot to stop the bleeding, after wrapping my foot he went to the sink to get water.

"Here you go, Princess."

I took the glass and quickly drank the content, "Thanks."

"I'm going to go get the first aid kit, don't move."

"I won't."

He walked out of the kitchen leaving me alone, for a moment I wondered why he isn't worried about the possibility that Zane might come back. Instead of dwelling on that thought I placed my head in my hands. I just want to go sleep and feel better, not only am I feeling worse than I did when I got up, my foot also hurts. The minutes ticked by, where is Ian?

"Lisa?"

Hearing Wayne's voice I look up to find him kneeling in front of me, looking worried, Ian is standing behind him with the first aid kit.

"What are you doing here Wayne?"

"Ian came to get me; he doesn't feel comfortable with carrying you to the room."

"He had no right to wake you up."

"Lisa, why are you upset that I'm here?"

I instantly feel bad for making it sound like I don't want him here, there is no one else I would rather have here then him.

"It's not that, I just don't want to disturb you and..."

"It's okay Lisa, I told him to use his judgement and he did. I'm going to step aside so that he can take a look at your foot."

"No, don't..."

I can't believe I sound so clingy, "Don't worry Lisa, I'm not going anywhere."

He took my hand and stood next to me to give Ian the space needed.

"This might hurt Princess."

"Okay."

He takes off the towel, the bleeding has stalled, "There is glass in here, it looks deep."

Just my luck, "Okay, Ian do as much as you can, I'll call the Doctor first thing tomorrow to come take a look."

"Yes Sir."

He went to work, in an effort to distract me from the pain Wayne started speaking.

"Want to tell me what happened?"

"The glass fell and broke, I took a step without thinking."

I know I should tell him about Zane, but my guess is that Ian already filled him in on everything that has happened.

"We'll talk some more in the morning, for now I think we need to get you in bed."

"We?"

He smiled at me before correcting himself, "Fine, I need to get you in bed."

"All done Sir."

"Thank you Ian."

"Thanks Ian."

"Anytime Princess."

Wayne picked me up bridal style, "I have always wanted to do this with my bride."

I know he what he means but I can't resist teasing him, "Oh? You have always wanted your bride to be injured so that you can carry her?"

He only laughed at me while walking to our room.

Wayne's perspective

Once I was sure Lisa was fine and had everything she needed I turned to leave, hearing her voice I stopped.

"Where are you going?"

"Need to have a talk with Ian."

"Wayne, this isn't his fault, he..."

"I know Lisa; he isn't in trouble."

The complete opposite is true here, I'm thankful for him being there when he was. When he stormed into the room and told me what happened I didn't know if I should be mad at Zane or happy that Ian was there. When I saw her in the kitchen, sitting on that chair looking so small and in pain it broke my heart, I never want to see her like that ever again. Walking back to the kitchen I couldn't help but smile, Ian's explanation as to why he wouldn't carry her himself was so funny. He didn't feel it was proper for him to carry the Princess, even after I told him to get her out of any situation. I wouldn't have been mad at him if I found out he carried her, I would have been grateful. Inside the kitchen Ian was busy picking up the glass pieces.

"How is she Sir?"

"In bed, I gave her a pain pill."

"Sir, I'm sorry I didn't show up earlier, if I had..."

Holding up my arm I stopped him from continuing, "It's not your fault Ian, if anyone has to take the blame it's me. I should have woken up when she got up but I didn't. Either way, we can't change what happened, I'll talk to my father tomorrow about Zane right after Lisa and I have a talk. I just want to make sure of one thing, he called her Lisa?"

"Yes Sir, if I have to guess I would say that he also disobeyed orders."

"Why would you guess that?"

"Sir, it was clear she didn't want his help and she would never give him permission to call her by her name of that I'm sure."

"I guess you're right, the thing is Lisa needs to tell me he disobeyed orders, otherwise I can't do anything. It would look like he was just trying to help her, no one, not even I can fault him for that."

"If he disobeyed a direct order, you can give him a warning can't you?"

"Yes. Ian, when you see Nella tomorrow please tell her to clear Lisa's schedule for the whole day."

"I'll do that right now; she wouldn't mind receiving a text during the night."

"Thank you, have a good night Ian."

"You too Sir."