"And when is that?"

"Now." He got up with a wince.

"But you are still not well."

"I have to perform duty no matter what. And others don't know I am injured." He was about to fall when I clutched his hand with mine without giving it much of a thought.

He head jerked towards me as if something confused him, "Your hands are so small and petite."

I snatched my palm from his grip realizing my mistake.

Suddenly there was a knock the door and without permission in walked a guy who looked like he had no worry in the world. He was lanky and tall, very tall and bright blue eyes that spelled mischief.

But right now he looked worried, "I heard you were attacked."

" I am fine now Norman," Prince answered placing a hand on the new guy's shoulder.

"You don't look fine." And then he gave me an accusing look.

Even before I could think, I asked rudely, "What?"

As usual, his reaction was shock.

"Is this the new bodyguard?" He asked and Elias nodded.

"Brother, is he any good?" He said looking at me with narrowed eyed and challenge.

So he was the brother.

"I am alive because of him," Elias stated simply.

"Council calls and father is going to put some other lame blame on you. Don't worry, I have everything handles and try not to think about the attack while you sit there. It will only make you angry. Refuse any marriage offers, he is just trying to make you into a puppet." The younger brother explained.

He looked the same age as me but there was a sense of wisdom he had.

Elias just nodded. It seemed like these two trusted each other very well.

Was Norman worth trusting then?

"I am leaving now, you can have time to yourself now," Elias said to me.

"And how long this time lasts?"

"Is he this rude all the time?" Norman asked still gazing at me carefully.

"No, he is worse," Elias answered with slight amusement.

And left me to myself for the first time since I arrived here.

***

"Elias will make a wise King." Few men from council murmured an agreement.

"He doesn't even show up at his battle training." The general contradicted.

"And most of the time he is seen wasting time with girls." Another one added.

"Norman would make a better King."

King gave them a sly smile. He knew well enough they were flattering him. But he truly wanted to know who was on his side.

His eyes wandered on the council members. Joseph, Calbert and Konard were someone who  cared for Elias since he was a child. There was no chance they would betray him. While Konrad was the scholar of the court, Calbert and Joseph were multitalented.

He was not sure who would be on his side and guide his son.

"Elias is a strategist," Bernard said.

"He can't even plan his own schedules for the day." Someone from the council said.

King knew very well how Elias was. He was the guy with many masks. He had everyone fooled with his antics.

Just then Elias and Norman walked in and everyone bowed respectfully. While Norman responded with a smile, Elias just nodded to a few ignoring the rest he considered disloyal.

"Elias, while you suffered from attack you missed meetings and people's hearing." The lead councilman said.

"I hate such boring things,"Elias added while Norman looked like he was working hard to keep his smile in check.

"You are the future King, you should know about the rules, our history." King bellowed.

"Am I?" Elias challenged him.

"There is an archery lesson starting from tomorrow. You should join in." Someone said.

"I am still healing," Elias said and glared at the man who said it.

Calbert gave him a slight nod of approval.

Elias understood very well what these officials wanted. If he was weak then they wanted to exploit it and if he was strong then they will know that he is a threat and prepare.

"Then you can help in hearing out people's problem, there has been a drought in far land areas."

"Do you have to? I have enough worries in my life." Elias sounded almost bored.

"Norman will go for that." King immediately grasped the opportunity for his son.

"I already have lessons , Your Highness." Norman curtly refused lying skilfully.

Everybody nodded in understanding.

"You have marriage proposals from neighboring Kingdom" Elias looked at Norman who raised his eyebrows in a smug look.

"And?" Elias asked.

"You should think about it. It will strengthen our Kingdom." King said.

"I think I need to strengthen myself first," Elias answered with sweet sarcasm.

Tea arrived breaking the cold heavy air around the hall.

As everyone got busy picking out the eatables Norman whispered to Elias, "Let's bet who will insult you the most."

Elias chuckled at his brother.

"Let's do that because two hours will not pass that easily."

***

It felt like I lost some weight after I took a bath. The bathing area was very private and quiet since I was using the one Prince used. I can't take a bath anywhere and put my identity in danger.

But the worse happened when all the tiredness took over my body and I fell asleep in that big stone bathtub kind of thing. Sleep is a big traitor. Like how it always comes when you should be awake, before a test or something.

What woke me up? Elias talking to his brother.

"I think I will take a bath after I sat in that room for too long my body needs a soothing bath." His loud voice jerked me up and I realized he was going to walk in while I was still stark naked in the water.

----------------------------------------

Cliffhanger...heck yes! :)

GOOD NEWS!: this story will see faster updates as I am doing this for NaNoWriMo 2016 :)

So every alternate day update....

Now for the chapter...share all the weird thoughts in your head..see if it matches mine  XD

And don't forget to VOTE!