t h i r t y o n e

Start from the beginning

Potential crush? Damn girl, you kidding me? I groaned at myself, internally of course as I started marching down to the kitchen where Stella must be waiting for me.

--

From what I can remember, it was a very ordinary day, or rather night in my case, the day I was kidnapped. And not by those ordinary black masked men. Instead I was kidnapped by Superheroes or rather cowards dressed as them.

I was asleep. The next day we were supposed to go out to Nolan's or the guys' secret destination to celebrate Halloween, a festival I had never celebrated before. I was British after all, not American. I was excited since we were all going out on a supposed picnic. After everything that happened last month with my mother's demise and my father's abrupt business trip, it was one well needed picnic to take my mind off things. I had asked my bother whether he would like to come or not and he gladly obliged saying that he needed to look after his sister, but I thought it was just another excuse to be close to Harriet, the drama queen slash foodie slash his potential crush.

Taylor was happy after talking to Caleb. They weren't back being a couple but rather were just friends at the moment. Caleb had explained to her how someone close's death made him leave the country for a year before he returned and decided to take over his father's company. He was too much under workload to even think about Taylor during those years. Taylor admitted to me how that statement hurt her, emotionally but she managed to gain a control over her emotions. Caleb made up to her by saying that she was still in his mind, taking over his thoughts. And Taylor told me how she had to control herself from melting into a puddle.

My sleep, the one thing- after food- in my life that I loved, was snatched away just the way the comforting blanket was.

I groaned loudly as my hands flailed around, desperately trying to find my comforter or rather known as my blanket. But I couldn't find it.

"Ugh!" I muttered along with some gibberish that didn't even make sense to me, hoping that the idiot who dared to snatch my blanket would give it back. But he/she didn't. Of freaking course.

A few more futile attempts later, I was fuming in my sleep.

"Mark, give it back to me," I muttered. "I am trying to sleep here. I don't have time for your silly games."

But no one answered; the air around me was thick with unsliced silence.

"Mark?" I asked again. But this time too no one answered. Tired of this silence, I decided to peek through my eyes. I opened them and let out a toe curling scream when I saw the person in front of me.

A person in front of me, a kidnapper, amateur at that, wearing a batman costume instead of the usual black slacks and shirt with a mask crouched over looking at my face. His face was covered in the typical batman mask that looked very uncomfortable. And not only that, his costume looked ridiculously tight and weird. So the first thing I did when I saw my kidnapper after that scream was stood up from my sleeping position.

And the next was a question, a question highly inappropriate to ask your abductor. "That looks very tight. Is that even comfortable?"

At my question, the batman in front of me frowned and I heard sounds of laughter bubbled from someone's mouths that seemed uncannily familiar. And my eyes snapped to the figures who were laughing. There were three more superheroes. Superman, Green lantern and Spiderman. Now whoever these abductors were sure knew how to dress like idiots. Because they all looked like a bunch of idiots. They all were dressed in ridiculously tight outfits just like the batman beside me. If it weren't for me being kidnapped, I would have laughed at how bad they looked. They all had those usual masks on instead of Superman whose face I still couldn't see because of the lack of light in my room. Seeing the darkness outside, I guessed it would have been around three in the morning. I didn't get more time to assess their idiotic outfits since I was soon hauled into the air by the Green Lantern and Batman.