Chapter 1

Alex pov

Fuck. This god damn cold is getting on my last damn nerve. Why did I think it was best to move to New York City? I need to get somewhere warm before I catch frost bite or something. I looked around to see if I can spot a restaurant or cafe somewhere around me. And just to my luck I spot a cafe across the street from where I am. I ran over there before I froze to death. Once I walked inside I was hit with the smell of cinnamon and coffee. Hmmm. This day might just turn around for me. I get on line thinking about of I'll have wake up early to go to work.

I work as a web developer for a small company. It pays good and I don't have to go in for work as often since I can work at my house. You can say I'm a work alcoholic, but not one of those boring ones. I can be really silly and funny when I want to be, but only with my friends. People might think consider me as pessimistic or negative. I can be sometimes but sometimes I act like I'm five years old. There really is no in between.

One thing I don't really like about myself is that I can space out easily and not be aware of my surroundings. Just like I'm doing now. Which didn't make me aware of this girl in front of me turn around and bump into me with her hot coffee in her hands. By the time I got out of my day dream it was too late. 

"Oh lord, are you okay. I'm so sorry." Butter fingers, aka the girl that spilled her coffee, squeaked as she proceeded to grab napkins and try to clean my shirt.

I wasn't really paying attention since that coffee was fucking HOT as hell. Just I was about to snap at the girl that it was fine, I looked up and saw a pair of the prettiest hazel eyes I've ever seen.

Wow.

This girl was gorgeous. Not the model type of gorgeous you see on tv and magazines. But the type where the girl has a aura of innocence that draws you to her. The type where you can just look at her all day without ever getting bored. She had wavy light brown hair that cascaded down her back, full pink luscious lips,a cute button nose, and hazel eyes that seem to change colors every time  you look at them. And don't even get me started with her body. She had a slender body with a flat stomach, curvaceous hips, a pair of perky breasts, and a firm ass. Fuck, she must be some type of dream.

"Are you okay?" mystery girl snapped me out of my day dream again for the second time, but this time with her voice and not hot coffee.

"Yea, umm I'm fine." I nervously said.

Shit, why am I so nervous. Probably because I never been this up close to someone so beautiful. I'm feeling weird too. I'm all sweaty and nervous, I have butterflies in my stomach, and I can't seem to talk in front of her.

"Are you sure. Let me pay for your dry cleaning or something. Please I insist." mystery girl offered. Hmmm. Maybe I can use this to get to know her.

"As long as I get to buy you another cup of coffee."

"No, that wouldn't be fair to you. I'm the one that spilled it."

"It's fine, I was to busy daydreaming to have gotten out of your way in time."

Mystery girl seemed to think about for a few seconds before nodding and turning to give the barista her order.

"Coffee. Three creams and one sugar."

"I'll have the same."

We walked towards a table after getting our orders. This is your chance Alex, don'r screw up.

"So you come here often?"

Shit. What the fuck Alex. Who asks that? I snapped out of my rant with myself when I heard mystery girl giggle. Fuck, that's an amazing sound.