Chapter 2- The Morning After

Start from the beginning

~Louis' POV~
Niall is so little, we're not sure how old he is but by size I would say one and a half to two years old. He's such a calm baby, doesn't make much noise but I bet that'll change once he gets more comfortable with us.

I'm still holding him in my arms and he seems relaxed, the way he lays limp on me tells me that he's comfortable with me holding him. As I make my way to the kitchen I make a mental to start building things for Niall. Since Harry is an expert at building things out of wood I'll ask him to make a high hair and a crib so Niall can be more comfortable. There's no need to buy anything because Harry and I pretty much do everything ourselves, we try our best to live a self sustaining life style so we can save money for emergencies. I've taken up knitting, sewing, and gardening, while Harry took up wood building, baking and taking care of our animals. This way we can have everything we need in our farm.

As I arrive at the kitchen I realize I still have Niall in my arms and can't cook while holding him, fearing I might burn him

As I arrive at the kitchen I realize I still have Niall in my arms and can't cook while holding him, fearing I might burn him. I quickly make my way back to our small living room and set down a blanket. "Niall baby I have to set you down for a bit, I don't want you getting hurt when I'm cooking" I gently tell him while putting him down, he looks at me and raises his hands for me to pick him up. " no honey it'll just take a couple of minutes, it won't be long then we can have some yummy breakfast" I say using an excited voice hoping the mention of food will get him to calm down. It does and now he just calmly lays on the blanket while being accompanied by the our cat, Koda.

Since our diet doesn't consist of any meat that means we always have a bunch of fruits and vegetables. Since it's quite warm outside I decided that some cut up fruit and some nuts would be a great way to start the day with. I cut up pieces of bananas, strawberries, apples, oranges and add grapes, then I place a bowl of nuts I've harvested and bring it over to the table.

I lay out everything we are gonna use then call out to Harry, coming back inside I pick up little Niall and head to the table. In a matter of seconds Harry is back and seated next to us, I of course with Niall on my lap since he can't sit on the large chairs on his own.
"Harry, babe we should start getting things built for Niall" I say while simultaneously feeding Niall a slice of apple. "Of course! What will he need?" He asks while eating a banana of course, that always being his first choice of fruit.

"He's gonna need a crib, a highchair, stroller, and maybe a swing for him to be on while we work outside" I say further thinking of everything we could possibly make. I have always wanted a child so now that I have one I can't wait to spoil him. "No problem baby I'll get to that today, there's nothing much I have to do so I'll get right to it" he says with a smile on his face while he leans towards us and gives me a quick peck on the lips, I smile adoringly to him and continue feeding Niall and myself. After about 10 minutes we both get up, this time Niall in Harry's arms, to clean up the mess from breakfast and start on our tasks for the day.
"Well baby I'm gonna go to the barn and start on the furniture so if u need me just whistle and I'll come" Harry says as he heads towards the door after giving me a kiss on the lips and a kiss on Niall's forehead.

"Well baby boy it's just you and me for a couple of hours, should we start making some clothes and some toys for you?" I ask Niall as I bounce him on my hips, he giggles and nods. "You aren't much of a talker are you honey bunny? Well I'm sure that'll change with time because you seem like a talker to me" I say while setting him down gently in the living room floor so I can start measuring him for some clothes. I stand him up on his chubby little legs and start measuring him, he giggles when I do his waist and then starts historically laughing when I lay him down and start tickling his little belly. I stop after I see his breathing is getting tired, he just lays there while I smile at him as he recovers from laughing so hard, but then I lean down and kiss him on his nose, then his right cheek, then his left cheek, then his chin, then forehead and finally I end when I lean to give him a quick peck to the lips. He's a giggling mess again with rosy cheeks and crinkles in the side of his eyes. I carry him from the ground, using his armpits to do so as I stand up, "well we got off track didn't we bunny?" I ask rhetorically, he just smiles and nods as I head over to the hall closet to pick some fabric for his new clothes.

I set him down by the door so he can play with the animals and I can start cutting up the fabrics and when he's not looking I pick up a really soft looking piece of cloth that I will turn into a blanket and a stuffed animal as a surprise for him. I just can't wait to see his adorable face once I show him the finished product.