Chapter 7 - Him

Chloes P.O.V

      I stared down at my murdered friend. She was sliced on her neck and her forehead. Maddie fell to the ground in tears. I stood, tramatized. Paige and Nia came running up behind us.

    And thats when we heard it. It started off small, sounding like tiny twigs breaking. Snap. Snap. Snap. Then it got louder. We looked around. A figure approached, but it was too dark outside to see who it was. "Maddie. Maddie. Maddie." I whispered to her. She stopped sobbing and looked up silently.

     They got closer. Paige stepped back. I grabbed Maddies hand and lifted her up. Nia stepped in closer. "Leave her." The voice spoke. It was deep, obviously a mans voice. We all knew he was talking about Kendall. "Phone. We need a phone." Nia muttered. 

      Maddie took Kendalls limp hand and held it. "Mads." I spoke softly. She stood up and buried her face in my pajamas. 

      Suddenly, something glinted in the forest. A knife. He was holding a knife. And there was blood on that knife. Kendall's blood. Maddie let out a cry and ran. I ran after her. Nia ran the other way. Paige charged past the murderer. Brave move. 

      Only one problem. Now we were all running through a deadly forest with a murderer and no idea where we all went.