40: The Phone Call

Start from the beginning

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back on the couch. "Great."

"It won't be too bad. You're only human after all, there is only so much you can do. Speaking of human, I've told Anastasia and Kate's mother to keep and eye on your brother. Kate will be from time to time just in case there are blind spots. He'll be fine. We'll have John watch him too."

"I don't want John wasting his time."

"He won't be wasting his time. You care about your brother enough not to tell me." I smiled. "So John will keep an eye out too."

I nodded slowly and moved my head to lay on his shoulder. "Thank you for listening."

"It's alright." His lips pressed into my hair. "And thank you for telling me. 

"You're welcome." I sighed out in relief. 

For the rest of the day, the events of yesterday or the fact I'd told him more wasn't mentioned once. After a few awkward comments and weary words from me, he'd reassured me not to worry about it. He cooked for me, hugged me, kissed me, and loved me like he did everyday. 

We spent the day like any other day we'd have.

Together.

**

Thursday evening, I walked out of my room after packing up almost all of my wardrobe and all of my electric equipment to get ready to go home tomorrow. The last and only class I had this week was Modern Europe. Michael had his lecture in the larger theatre joining with Jade's class because the snow had restarted Monday so having two separate lectures with only fifteen people in each class would have been stupid. 

Speaking of Monday... No, I didn't see Tate. But I did see him that night. I was staring out of Michael's study glass doors and saw him. He'd waved but that's it. He disappeared after that. I admit I did feel somewhat... Bad... For not seeing him on Monday... But I had to quickly get over it.

I glanced at Laura's stripped bed and half packed room and then smiled when I heard the music start downstairs. Damien was getting picked up by his dad tomorrow morning to go back to Kelowna a few hours away. Lucas lives in Vancouver as well as Katherine, and Laura lives down in Abbotsford.

I smiled at the stairs and walked back into my room to pull Michael's feet off the bed. "Disrespectful."

"Dimples, I am the most respectful man in this country."

"If Kate wasn't downstairs dancing her heart out she'd agree with me."

He swung his legs off the bed and grabbed my waist to sit on his lap. The door was wide open but I knew Laura wouldn't be coming up here for any reason.

"Kate doesn't argue with me." He smirked.

"What a lie." I wrapped my arms around his neck. We've been normal. We haven't even mentioned Saturday and Sunday's incident. It didn't need to be mentioned. It was in the past. Over the days, Michael seemed less tense. He seemed more relaxed with me now compared to Sunday morning. 

He kissed my cheek and nudged me up. "So I'll meet you here tomorrow at eight. I'll take your heaviest bag now."

"Okay. But I am capable of taking my own bags." I stood up. 

"Not the heavy ones." He smiled that boyish smile of his before grabbing a bag from the hall. "You're only human after all."

"Rude." I gasped. "So you're going back to your house now?"

"That's correct. I'll come back later. Now," He slid his hands around my waist after putting the bag near the window. "Come here and let me hug and kiss the breath out of you until you pass out."