Chapter Seven - Celebrations

Start from the beginning

Gerald and Marlene quickly looked over at each other.

"They'll probably call you later." Marlene quickly told me trying to change the subject.

I thought it was kind of weird but I just shrugged it off. We watched like 3 movies together and ate junk food. It was 6pm and Marlene said she had something to do really quickly.

"Let me take you to a nice restaurant. We'll be home by 8pm." Gerald told me.

"Hm, okay." I quickly told him.

Gerald got up and then grabbed my hand. We walked out of the apartment and got into a Lexus that he had rented. We went to Wrigleyville since that was the closest to my apartment. We went to a really nice restaurant and sat on the patio since it was actually beautiful outside.

The waiter soon came over and served us wine. I took a sip of it. I reached for my phone and checked my messages. Only a couple of my friends from college and high school texted me but nothing from my family. I immediately felt sad.

"What's wrong?" Gerald asked me as he looked at me.

"My family hasn't texted or called." I quietly told him

"They'll call you later. Don't worry about it babe. Angel was finishing his last minute wedding things. You know how that all goes. I'm pretty sure your parents are helping him too." He told me.

I just kind of shrugged.

"Here let me take a picture of you. It's your birthday. You should be smiling." He told me as he took out his phone.

I put my hand on my cheek and just looked at him. I didn't really feel like smiling. I felt like my family had forgotten about me.

"Babe, don't stress." Gerald told me.

Our food soon came out and we ate. I talked to Gerald about school and he talked to me about his new album. His eyes lit up when he would talk about what he loved. I loved seeing him like that. We soon finished and headed back to my apartment. I slowly walked upstairs. I noticed that Gerald kind of let me walk up on my own without holding my hand. I slowly put my key in the lock and opened the door. I turned on the lights and then suddenly heard everyone jump out and yell.

"Surprise!!" Everyone yelled.

I got scared but I quickly scanned the room. Everyone was here. My entire family, my friends from high school and college and even some of Gerald's friends. The apartment was decorated so nicely and I knew Marlene did everything.

I felt so much love in that moment. Everyone was there for me. All my family was here and Gerald was with me. I scanned the room and in my head thanked God for everything he blessed me with. I couldn't hold in my tears. I had tears slowly coming down my face.

"Adela baby what's wrong?" My mom said as she came up to me and hugged me.

"I'm just so happy. Thank you guys. I love this. It's perfect." I told her as I hugged her.

"Oh honey, you deserve this. It was Gerald's idea." She told me smiling.

I looked back at Gerald and he walked up to me. He put his arm around me.

"I told you not to worry." He told me smiling.

"Thank you babe." I told him smiling as tears still went down my face.

He gently wiped them away. All my family and friends slowly came up and hugged me. They made me sit down next to the TV and they started to play videos of when I was a baby and then when I was a toddler. There was so many videos of Angel and I just playing around. There was clips from me in elementary school and then high school. There was clips of Marlene and I and then clips from Christmas when Gerald met my family. The last clip that was played was a video of me that I remember Gerald recorded of me singing Eminem's "Without Me". Everyone just started laughing including me.

This was amazing and I can say that this is one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

*April 25, 2015*
(G-Eazy's POV!)
"Please welcome Mr. & Mrs. Angel Rivera!" The DJ said and then Angel and Ashley walked in hand in hand.

I looked over at Adela. She had the biggest smile on her face. Angel and Ashley's wedding service was really nice and intimate. They've been together for 10 years and you could feel the love. The song "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran came on and they started their first dance.

"They look so happy." Adela told me smiling.

I grabbed Adela's hand and locked my fingers between hers. We watched Angel and Ashley dance. When they were done everyone stood up and clapped. Everyone sat back down once they walked up to their table.

Dinner was served and thats when the photographer asked if anyone would like to take pictures with the bride and groom now would be the time. Adela grabbed my hand and led me to where the photos were being taken. They had a plain black background. First Adela, Nicole, Fernando, Angel, and Ashley took pictures together. Then Adela grabbed my hand and we took a picture with the bride and groom.

"You two take a picture, just the two of you." Ashley told Adela and I.

They moved from the backdrop and Adela and I got together. I looked down at her and smiled. The photographer took a bunch of pictures.

"Okay, we'll let them back on here." Adela said stopping the photographer.

"Y'all got to get use to that. I mean you guys might be next." Angel said as he walked next to me.

I just kind of gave a little laugh. Me getting married? I've never even thought about marriage to be honest. I'm just happy with how my life is right now.

The party really started to pick up. Some of my friends came and Angel was nice enough to have them as guests. Adela was out dancing a hispanic type of music called bachata while I sat there with my boys. Soon Adela came up to me when another song started. Marlene quickly grabbed Marty and Adela grabbed my hand.

"Wait babe, I don't know how to dance this." I quickly told her.

"It's okay! I'll teach you." She told me smiling.

I just kind of went along with it. I was already a little tipsy and I was honestly having a lot of fun. We made it to the dance floor. She kind of positioned me. She put her left arm on my left shoulder while she put her right hand in my right hand. I put my left hand on her waist and moved her closer to me. She showed me the steps and it was actually really easy. She looked up at me and smiled.

"See, its easy." She told me laughing.

"I probably look weird as fuck." I told her laughing.

"No, this is good. You're definitely better than Marty." She said as she looked next to us.

Marty was struggling a little with Marlene. I couldn't help but laugh. Marty quickly noticed. Marty flipped me off and all I could do was laugh.

I looked down and saw how happy Adela was. I loved just holding her. I kissed her on her forehead. Another one of those bachata songs came on and we stayed on the dance floor. When the songs were dome we went and sat down.

I haven't felt this normal in years. It's been forever since I went to a wedding and getting to spend it with my girls amazing ass family makes it 10 times better.