Chapter 9

Sorry for the late update, but I have exams so don't expect an update for atleast another 3 weeks.

Darkest Before the Dawn

Chapter 9

Reaching my hand out I offer to shake his hand which he accepts shaking our interlocked hands. He seems shocked when the prickles of electricity rolls up his arm, obviously he hadn't picked up on my scent earlier. He drops my hand rather quickly, why? I'm not sure.

"Good Morning Alpha Nathan, my name is Dawn and this is my Beta Finn"

I explain slowly, taking in silent deep breaths trying to rope my wolf back into the back of my mind, her behaviour is not making this any easier on me as I try to act professional. Finn nods his head respectfully sensing my unease in our bond he whispers in my mind asking what is wrong. I snap back at him telling him that I am fine and to mind his own business and I immediately apologise. Of course him being the perfect Beta he forgave me instantly and I silently thank him through the bond. The Nathan seems to be taken back for a moment before he finally speaks.

"Thank you for coming Alpha Dawn and welcome to my pack, please follow me to your accommodation"

He greats us with his voice sounding like sweat honey and it is soft on my ears. Obeying his instructions my pack members who came with me and I follow Alpha Nathan or my mate into his home. It is a lot bigger than my pack house obviously, as this pack has had years and probably gathered a lot of many to remodel and renovate every and any room they wanted. As we were given a brief tour of the pack house, I noticed many of his pack members were tense and tried to avoid our gazes. I knew it'll take people time to adjust to rogues being considered as legitimate pack members but they better get used to it; they are looking at us like they expect us to suddenly attack them like savages, it is very unsettling.

He lead us down a long hallway which seems to be very disconnected from the rest of the house and he turns the corner into a new hallway with doors littering each side. He turns around slowly and refuses to met my eyes.

"These are where you will be sleeping for the duration of your visit, due to lack of rooms as we only have 10 available some of your pack members may have to double up"

He explains to my pack and they quickly get into groups with who they want to share rooms with. In the end it works out nicely with Joey and Finn sharing a room and I get one all to myself as there is an odd number of females and with my mate standing just behind my pack listening in I'm not sure how he'd react if I took a male wolf as my room mate, even if it is Joey.

"Alpha Dawn we will give your pack members a chance to settle in, while you and your Beta come and meet my Beta and my head warriors"

He directs at me, while still not even looking at me which is starting to frustrate the hell out of my wolf. I nod my head in reply and Finn and I follow the brooding Alpha back down the hallway. He leads us back into the main living area before going up a spiral staircase which lead to a corridor of offices where he opened one of the doors for us to enter. A grand oak desk sits in the middle of the room with the Beta and who I assume as the head warriors crowded around the desk in chairs. When Finn walks in the Beta from this pack jumps up and shakes his hand.

"You must be the Beta I spoke to over the phone?"

He asks and Finn nods returning his stern handshake, then the Beta turns to me.

"Hello Alpha Dawn, I appreciate everything you have done for our kind and everything you will do"

He tells me bowing his head in respect and I return the gesture with a smile. Obviously the Beta has so much more people skills than my mate over there.