"My dear," he laughed, rubbing my back gently, "what can I do for you?"

"Have you seen Mama?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. His kind brown eyes twinkling with happiness just like they always have.

"They're out in the courtyard," he replied. I smiled and gave him another quick hug.

"I wish all of you could come with me," I sighed.

"I do too, princess," he said, smiling lightly as he finished folding up some clothes and sheets.

"I shall ask Mama," I proposed, stepping away from him to leave the room.

"Ask her what?" he asked, glancing at me.

"If you and Clary can accompany me to the palace. I will have my parents there, but I feel that with you two there as well, I'll be able to marry a bit more willingly," I smiled. I watched as Bruno's cheeks flushed and he gave me a full smile. He was truly adorable, almost like a grandparent in my eyes. His height reached no more than 4ft 8in. and his black hair had a few pieces of white in it from all the hard work he put into his days at the castle.

"Princess, I don't -"

"Nonsense! I won't hear it. You are coming with me to the palace or he is coming here. I am stubborn, you know that." I shouted as I ran out of the room, down the hall. As I ran, I made sure to take a good look at the castle halls. I couldn't stop the smile that was on my face as memories of my childhood flashed in my mind. Almost every room had a memory. I remembered them all. I was obviously completely distraught to be leaving my home; especially to go live with people who I have yet to meet for the first time.

I burst through the back doors where my parents were. My father seemed to be deep in conversation with my mother. I caught my breath, trying to get as much as I could as my corset made it very difficult to breathe.

"Mama! Papa!" I hollered as I made my way to my parents. They turned towards me with big smiles.

"Yes, darling" my mom replied.

"I would like to make a suggestion. Now, I am eighteen years of age -" I was interrupted.

"We know honey. You ran down the halls shouting it out to almost everyone who passed you by," father laughed.

"Yeah well," I muttered, clearing my throat, "I'd like to point out that I have been very respectful and have done everything you've asked. I've even agreed to marry a man whom I've never heard of or met."

"What are you saying dear," Mama asked. I took a deep breath.

"Canbrunoandclarycomewithmetothenewpalace?" I rushed. Opening my eyes, I looked back at them to find them giving me blank looks.

"Pardon?" my father simply said. I sighed and relaxed myself.

"Can Bruno and Clary come to live with me at the palace? I know this rarely happens and I realize that I'll be given a new staff upon my arrival at the new palace but it would be nice if I had two of my closest companions with me." I finished. They glanced at each other before turning back to me.

"Well, I don't know. As you said yourself, honey, princesses don't normally take their servants with them," my father explained, clasping his hands behind his back.

"I know but," I paused, "can't we make an exception? I mean for God's sake, Papa! We treat our entire staff as we would our family. I don't know about you but that's not really following 'tradition'."

Mama raised an eyebrow as if to say, "she's got a point", but Papa didn't seem too keen. I sighed again.

"What if it was just until the wedding? Just until I get adjusted to my new lifestyle." I offered. He seemed to consider this.