two ; merry christmas

Start from the beginning

"Oh," said Ron. "But you said Buckbeak isn't a bad hippogriff, Hagrid. I bet he'll get off—"

"Yeh don' know them gargoyles at the committee fer the Disposal o' Dangerous Creatures!" chocked Hagrid, who Ophelia seemed to have gave a sympathetic sigh. It still confused Harry as to why she was here when she blew up in Hagrid yesterday. "They've got it fer intersetin' creatures!"

After much talk of what Buckebeak's case was, it was declared that there couldn't possibly be any hope for the cute creature.

"I'm sorry, Hagrid, I know how much you liked Buckbeak," sighed Ophelia. Then, quietly she said, "But I think I know a place where I can keep him—you can say that he broke his chains..."

It was a meek attempt to make Hagrid feel better. Harry turned to the woman and eyed her suspiciously.

"When've you come down here?" he said to Ophelia. "Not seen you in the term."

Ophelia bristled as she stared down at the tan boy who depicted much of James. "Ophelia Black," she said. "I'll be the new muggle studies teacher—and I'll be the substitute for Defense Against the Dark Arts as well."

"Since when did Mrs. Crawford resign?" Hermione said. "She's the Muggle Studies teacher I had."

"Wait, isn't that class the same period as potions?" Ron added.

"Mrs. Crawford had maternity leave," Ophelia shortly said.

"Professor Lupin isn't sick, is he?" Harry said. He had a meeting with him for the Patronus spell.

Ophelia hesitated. "We tend to take turns. I'll take a week for him, and he has three."

Hermione was about to ask why taking a week from Professor Lupin was necessary, but Hagrid insisted that the three should leave, since it was almost dark.

"Ophelia and I've got some talkin' tah do, 'arry," he shortly responded.

There was no questioning, since they were already outside.

After opening presents, they went down to the Great Hall, to find that the tables had been moved against the walls again, and the single table, set for thirteen, stood in the middle of the room. Professor's Dumbledore, McGonagall, Sprout, Flitwick, and Black were there, along with Flich. There were four other students, two extremely nervous first-years, a Slytherin fifth year, and a Slytherin girl who sat closest to Professor Black.

"Merry Christmas!" Dumbledore said as Harry, Ron, and Hermione approached the table. "Dive in!"

Ophelia and the Slytherin girl were smiling to each other. The girl moved her hands rapidly, her dark brown hair swishing along with her shoulders. She had very tan skin, and from where Harry was, he saw that her eyes were a milky hazel. Ophelia and she looked nothing alike, and then it clicked.

"That's her," Harry whispered to Hermione and Ron. "That's Darcy Black. That's his daughter."

Hermione swooshed her thick curly hair away from her face, and Ron scrunched his face at Darcy.

"That's Black's daughter?" said Ron, noticing the rather nice features. "She sure doesn't look like Ophelia, I'll tell you that..."

Hermione punched Ron's shoulder. 

"Calm down, Hermione! I only meant that they didn't look alike!"

Harry tugged on Ron's sweater. "She's in Slytherin?" he questioned.