Chapter 27: Who oh Who Could it be...

Start from the beginning

“Your such an idiot Kyle, come out.” I told him a slight blush on my cheeks; he had heard me talking to a tree. How embarrassing. It’s like when you get caught singing in the mirror with a hairbrush or when you get caught nicking something of your brother and sister (I bet you get a smack upside the head) and at the end you feel foolish for getting caught. Aunt June hates it when I drink the milk and I have to be really quick and make sure no one comes in as I’m drinking it. Also you have to wipe the milk moustache, if you forget you’re a complete idiot and you just totally gave it away!  “This isn’t Kyle I’m Mr. Tree.” He said in a duh tone. 

“It’s a shame trees can’t eat cake.” I sang and walked away and stopped when I turned around to look at the small clearing. It was absolutely breathtaking and I had only realized how far in the woodland we were. And that I had never been to this part before but it was beautiful. In the middle of the clearing sheltered by trees was a small little what used to be wooden house. Most of it had caved in and the wood had turned green from the moss. It looked old, centuries old. You could see the glass windows that where misted over and most of them broken. I would have died to live out here. Just outside the old house was a bench that looked fairly new and a small red flag was stuck in the top marking checkpoint. 

“Did you say cake?” he asked and popped out from behind the tree. Of course he was only thinking about his belly. Pig. 

As soon as he got close enough I turned towards him “Is this you doing?” I asked shaking the map at him with a hand on my hip. 

“My doing, I thought it was yours, do you really have cake?” he asked and I looked at his face. 

“Its most probably someone playing a joke. Ha I knew it would bruise!” I shouted happily and looked at his forehead where I had thrown the clock at his head; a slight purplish bruise was forming on his temple. I held in a giggle. 

“Have you seen yours?” he questioned and I stuck my tong out at him and headed to the table. 

I sat down facing the old house and let out a sigh of relief for being able to sit down for 5 minutes. I kept an eye on Kyle just in case he made a run for it and beat me to the finish. He didn’t make any sign of a quick escape and instead came and wondered over to the old house, he stood in front of me his brothers hat hanging out of his back pocket. 

“I wonder who lived here.” 

“A witch maybe?” I shrugged and pulled my bag off my back and stuck it on the table. 

He turned to look at me and there was aloud clump as he placed his bag on the table “A witch?” he repeated. 

He rolled my eyes “You know the story with the little kids Hansel and Gretel where they leave bread crumbs.” I frowned at him; he had never heard the story of Hansel and Gretel, has he been in a cage or something? 

“Never heard of it, you will have to tell me it.” 

My mouth dropped open “You are such a little kid sometimes, you know that?” I asked him and he shrugged. 

“Well if I’m such a little kid I guess I should do this.” I watched silently as he made his way towards the fallen house and climbed through the small gap that must have been a window. 

“Kyle you idiot what if it collapses.” I stood up and frowned. When he didn’t answer I made my way towards the window. 

“Gwen you have to see this.” He shouted and I stood on my tiptoes and tried to find him. 

“I’m not coming in your crazy!” I shouted. 

I stood tapping my foot waiting to scowl him when he came out “Oh wow this is so cool!” he shouted his voice muffled.