Chapter 9- Talon

JJ's pov

Time slowed down.

Quicker then JJ knew, Emily had straddled her on the bed

Emily kissed her, and the world slowly melted into the background.

It was slow and soft, comforting in ways JJ's and Emily's words could never be.

Emily's hand rested below her ear, her thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths intertwined. JJ ran her fingers down her back, pulling her closer until there was no space left between them.

JJ could feel the beating of her heart against Emily's chest. A comforting rhythm was built, as the two crashed into eachother.

The kiss intertwined all the stolen looks, butterflies in stomachs, and dreams. The kiss that has been long overdue.

JJ cursed herself mentally, for not doing this earlier.

But damn it, she was going to make this count. If this could never happen again after this mission, she was going to make it count.

In a kiss that seemed to last years, Emily pulled back. Her mascara was rubbed under her eyes, her curly bangs messed up in the front. She was breathing hard, eyes bright.

"Jayje, I love you.".

With that, Emily pulled JJ back into the flames of her love.

~~~~~~~~~~

The pair had to travel out in town, to a diner that was popular for all the victims to visit. They were going the same day, time, and plan to sit in the same area all the victims. The teams working theory is, that the unsub watched the victims and took notes at the Diner of their behavior.

To lure the unsub to look at them, they have to be intimate, and talk about the closed case.

It shouldn't be as hard as it sounded, but JJ was nervous as hell.

It was technically her first date with Emily, and that was a beautiful idea.

Yet, it technically was a mission and she was technically undercover.

Meanwhile, she was taking a long time in the bathroom; trying to slow her breathing.

In, out, in, out. Deep breaths JJ, you're gonna be okay. You will not get attacked by the unsub and die or lose Emily. It'll be okay.

She shakily looked in the mirror, and put a smile on.

She opened the door, and walked right into Emily.

Emily, who was positivity gleaming, a smile etched on her face.

Emily, who had her hand outstretched, waiting for JJ to fit hers into it

Emily, who truly looked happy and fixed, not like she had after Doyle.

JJ knew it would be okay then.

~~~~~~

"The victims are out here?" Emily exclaimed.

They had just walked into Donny's Diner. It looked like a old time malt shoppe, but a mess. Everything was a weird shade of yellow and blue, spattered across the walls. Paint was peeling, photos crooked, and seats torn apart.

Yet it was bustling with life, people in nearly every seat, eating and laughing.

"I guess so. Let's get a seat, shall we my love?" JJ said, squeezing Emily's hand.

Just as she said that, a old man with a long beard, popped in front of them.

"Hello ladies ! Welcome to Donny's Diner! Can I get ya a seat? Diner tops or tables?" He said, in a thick accent of some kind.

"Umm, table would be great, thank you," Emily said, trying not to laugh at the mans eagerness to get them a seat.

He grabbed two menus, and led the two women to a table in the back.

"So whatcha ladies doin here? I haven't seen ya before!".

"We are FBI agents, and we just closed the case here of the murders of Lesbian lovers," JJ said loudly, and clearly.

Emily carefully looked around at the people who looked back at them, scanning for any suspicious activity. She locked eyes with JJ and shook her head.

"Oh that's good! We don't get a lot of-" he shuddered, "Murders around here. Well, I hope ya ladies are well, and I'm Tommy. I'm you're waiter so when ya are ready to order, I can help ya,". He said, and walked away to go help more customers.

Emily grabbed JJ's hand, as she grabbed at the menu with the other.

"So what ya havin Jayje?".

~~~~~~~

After a large, greasy Diner meal of burgers and fries, the two had still come up empty. They talked the whole meal, holding hands, hugging, and even stealing kisses here and there.

Which JJ didn't mind to do at all.

They still had no strange looks, abrupt leavings, or suspicious watchers.

Doing all they could, they left a good tip, and left.

"So what do we do now? Text the team?" Emily wondered aloud, swinging her hand with JJ's.

JJ shrugged, she honestly had no idea herself.

"I guess we just stay here longer and become more and more part of the community. Hopefully this unsub will do something soon," she said , sighing.

Just as they reached the house, they both noticed a white package on the front step.

"Jayje, did you leave that there...?" Emily slowly asked.

"N-no I did not," She said shakily.

Emily let go of her hand, and bent down to look at it closer.

"The paper on top is addressed to-", Emily took a shuddery breath,

"-Special agent Prentiss and Jareau. Hello ladies."

__________________

WoOOOahh

Hope everyone is good! Sorry if my updates are slow, I just want this to be a great story for y'all.

Hope you enjoy!