Chapter 8- Peck

JJ's pov

Emily's hands were incredibly soft.

And beautiful.

She had long fingers, that grasped JJ's slightly stubborn ones perfectly. Her nails were bitten- a sign of stress. However, JJ didn't care. It was the true Emily she knew.

It was relieving, to finally be truly holding hands- not just as a comforting gesture when situations are unfortunate, or when they need to lean on each other.

No, this was something more. It was a flicker of what could be. But right now, it was an undercover case.

But yet, JJ hoped it wasn't just her feeling the spark. She hoped what Emily said wasn't just a fluke.

They were assigned to their temporary house- a small White House that had a large front yard. It has flowers blooming in the front, and sturdy oak trees protecting the house like a castle.

It was perfect.

"Welcome to our temporary home. I can't wait to spend the next few days in here with you. These vacation days come quite in handy," Emily said, a smile dancing on her lips.

"Now, where did I put the keys?"

She was fumbling through her bag with one hand, not letting go of JJ's with the other. JJ chuckled at the brunette, struggling to find keys that weren't there- for they were in JJ's pants pocket.

After watching her swear and fumble around for a few minutes, the amused JJ put her hand on Emily's arm.

"Hey, I have the keys you know,".

~~~~~

The sun was dipping down low, darkness tugging quickly behind.

The pair had spent the last few hours settling in, and getting dinner.
Dinner was a gourmet meal by Emily's standards- a homemade pizza.

Emily had turned on some music, found a official looking pizza-making Internet article, while JJ dumped the bag of groceries on the counter.

With a few mishaps, such as Emily breaking the sauce jar, and JJ spilling flour on herself, the two had made a damn good pizza.

After they stuffed themselves on it, it was already 9 pm.

JJ was in her pajamas, an grey FBI T-shirt and black running shorts. She was lazily flipping through channels on the outdated TV, trying to find an interesting show.

"Oo is that Halloween?"

JJ jumped, and threw the remote at Emily in a panic.

"Jesus Emily! You scared the crap out of me," JJ yelped.

Emily plopped down next JJ, laughing.

"You're an FBI profiler, and your first defense is to throw the remote! Where did you get trained," she wheezed out, grabbing her sides.

"Hey I got trained by Morgan alright," JJ rolled her eyes.

Emily held up the remote , and twirled it, laughter still in her eyes.

"Let's watch something that'll really spook you!"

~~~~~~

"Alright Jayje, let's head to bed," yawned a sleepy Emily.

JJ sat, curled up in the corner of the couch, a purple knit blanket over her.

"Uh.. yeah yeah one second," JJ muttered, picking at the blanket.

"Oh my god.."

"What?"

"You're actually scared!" Emily said, sleepiness forgotten.

"Am not!" JJ said, arms crossed over her chest.

"Okay , then I'll see you in bed," Emily winked, sauntering off to the bedroom.

"Alright alright wa-wait up!" JJ scrambled, throwing the purple blanket aside.
~~~~~~~
Emily's pov

Light was shining, from the ratty navy curtains onto JJ's face, illuminating her every feature.

It was about 7am , and Emily was awake. She has been awake since 5am, watching JJ sleep.

Some nights she couldn't sleep till morning, like today. A lot goes on in Emily's life, a lot of things she can't control. She can't control her job, the unsubs, or the victims hurt. She can't hold on too many things, her work often gets in the way. She has trouble making things work, and making things stay.

But, She can control one thing, and that's being here with JJ, on their mission. And she knows, If JJ ever asked, she would make it work.

However, she  hoped she wasn't the only one thinking it was more. She hoped JJ realized what she said was real.

In the bed, JJ's leg was crossed over Emily's, and her head was tucked in the crook of Emily's neck. Emily refused to move, to even breathe hard, afraid to disturb the sleeping angel.

It's been a long time since Emily has felt this kind of security, being held on tight, like she mattered, like she was needed. She had craved this, for a long time. For JJ to hold her, and love her.

At 7:45, Emily decided it was time to get up. She slowly moved the blonde off of her, and bent down to leave a kiss on her forehead. She left just a light peck, but JJ stirred.

Emily pulled back, afraid to further awaken her. She slowly backed out of the room, and as just as she gripped the handle of the door, she heard her voice.

"You know, if you're going to give someone a proper kiss, it's better to do it when they're awake. I'm not sleeping beauty, Em,".

_____________

Don't worry, there will be crime fighting soon. I hope you enjoy this little love chapter.

Hope you enjoy !!