Chapter 7- Swallow

JJ's pov

"That's your plan?," Emily exclaimed.

JJ jerked her head up, from studying her fingers, laced around her coffee mug. She wasn't technically listening to the plan, but she knew it involved Emily and her.

The BAU and police  force were in the conference room, file boards set up everywhere, and pictures and papers littering the table. It was 12:35 am, so nearly every agent had some type of coffee cup in front of them, like JJ and her custom made "BAU profiler/liaison" mug.

JJ wasn't focusing, her mind was constantly replaying what had happened in the car.

What did she do wrong?

"Yoo-hoo, earth to Jennifer Jareau," Reid mused, waving his hand in front of her face.

She snapped out of it again, looking up so quickly that she spilled coffee on herself.

"Shit- I mean yeah good plan! When does it start? Wait what am I doing?".

Everyone exchanged looks and let out nervous laughs.

"JJ I know it's late, but you got to be awake. Especially on what we plan to do here. Reid, go through it again," Hotch said.

However, Derek had a big smile on his face, and Emily was staring hard at the wooden table, making JJ feel uneasy.

Reid stood up again, and cleared his throat.

"See , we know that the unsub likes to prey on closeted lesbian teenagers. But, the couple they killed earlier, were middle aged. That tells us , that they genuinely have a hated towards lesbian couples. The unsub must be avoiding their sexuality, or raised in an anti homosexuality household, forcing them to cleanse the area of them. Statistically , Montana has about-,"

"Hey pretty boy stick to the plan," Derek said, grinning bigger.

Reid blushed, and gave a weak smile.

"Sorry right, the plan. Now since we have two women on the unit," Reid gestured to Emily and JJ, "You two will go undercover as a couple. Now we know that you have already made yourself known in the community as two agents, investigating these crimes. But if you acted  as a couple publicly, in the kill zone, we believe we can lure the Unsub out. It would probably take a day or two, but we believe it could work," he finished, looking hopeful at JJ to agree.

"Wait, so we have to basically scrap the badges and guns, walk around in public the next few days in the kill zone , and hope they find us and try to blitz us?," she said.

Hotch nodded, and continued where Spence left off.

"Well, yes. We will communicate with you via text, and Garcia will be constantly tracking your phones. You will be given a house for rent, for as long as it takes to lure the victim out.

Again, we know that you have made yourself known to quite a few here, as FBI agents. You will be acting as if we retired the case, and we will publicly announce it too. Hopefully, that angers the Unsub, and makes them speed up their timeline even more. In public you will talk like the killer is caught, and that you're relieved they were.We will be watching you, but not so close, only in public areas. We need it believable that you're a couple- so kissing, hand holding, all that is required-," Hotch said, just as Derek cut him off.

"-man I cannot wait to see this. You pretty ladies gonna put a show up for us!" he gloated.

"Derek if you cannot handle this mission, I have no problem calling the other units and asking if they need another agent for cases," Hotch said harshly.

Derek held his hands up,

"Hey hey okay I'm sorry,".

"Now I know this will be uncomfortable for the pair of you, and if you rather not do this, we understand. But we truly believe this will help us advance in the case,".

JJ bit her lip, and looked at Emily, who was looking at her.

As if they could read each other's mind, Emily gave a slight nod,
JJ nodded, trying not to smile.

"We will do it,".

~~~~~~~~~

When the meeting ended at 1:31 am, JJ was packing up her stuff to get to her motel room, and get some rest before her undercover-ness begins.

A light tap on her shoulder made her jump, and turn around.

Of course, it was Emily.

Okay JJ, think this through. Don't be rash-

"Why did you ignore me the ride home? Did I do something?" She blurted out.

Damn it that was rash.

Emily looked down, and bit her lip.

"Sometimes second chances are all you need."

JJ was stunned. She wasn't expecting this to come out Emily's mouth.

"I-I um," she stuttered, swallowing hard, and feeling as if her heart was going to beat out of her chest.

Emily smiled, looking more confident, more like the Emily JJ knew. The witty, strong, happy Emily she loved.

And fell in love with.

I'll see you in the later morning, ready to be yours," Emily said quietly, her hands intertwining with JJ's.

As Emily walked away, JJ stood in awe.

Something big was happening.

______________

AHHHHHHHHHHH
HAPPY HALLOWEEN UPDATE

get the Shawn Mendes reference? 

hope you like it!