Chapter 1- The nest

jj's POV
The BAU was always her second home. Entering the building, and breathing in the scent of black coffee and paper printing, everything just felt right. Especially the winter early mornings like today. With the cold air frosting the windows and icicles weaving across the siding, it made  the building look like an icy nest.
As JJ pulled into her parking spot at exactly 5:45 on the dot, she unkeyed the ignition and sat back to look about. She has approximately 10 minutes to waste before she has to brief the team (statistics by Spence). As JJ laid back, she saw Morgan and Garcia sporting matching scarves (no doubt bought by Garcia and forced onto Derek ) as they briskly walked into the building. She stifled a giggle as she watched Spence slip on a patch of ice, and drop all of his Russian sci-fi  movies he wanted to share with the team. Hotch was no doubt already in the building, discussing cases with Rossi.
As her 5 Minute-to-brief alert ran on her phone , she sighed. The beauty of winter was great, but the cold isn't. She gathered her stuff, threw the car door open, which then immediately banged into someone.
Oh shit.
And of course, there she was, laying on the ground with her bag and coffee spilling onto the icy parking lot ground.
"Oh god emily  I'm so sorry, are you okay?," JJ stuttered as she helped the brunette  up.
Emily grinned, blushing slightly.
"I'm all good JJ, a little wet but good," Emily said, gesturing to the snow on her back. JJ hurriedly wiped snow off the woman's back, while emily grabbed her bag and picked up the broken coffee cup .
"Are you sure? Is there anything I can't do? Should I get you a new coffee ? ( it was usually a medium coffee with 1 cream and 1 sugar) I'm so sorry!,"JJ blurted out rapidly.
Emily slung her bag over her shoulder, and grasped the anxious blonde's hand .
"JJ, I'm alright. I promise you. I'll see you in the briefing room. Thank you." Emily  said, giving JJ's hand a squeeze. JJ watched Emily walk up the icy path to the building, and groaned.
Of course she has to bang into Emily.  
She grabbed her bag , locked her car, and started to walk, fuming at herself.

JJ opened the door, and breathed in the warm arm.  She checked in, hung up her coat and made a quick coffee for Emily. A "I'm sorry for throwing your ass into the snow"  gesture. Deep in her thoughts and concentration to make coffee, she realized something.
She never had truly noticed  how beautiful Emily's eyes were up close. They were strong and sturdy, but soft  at the same time. They felt just like home.
Do you see what I see, emily ?

__________________
-I have so much planned omg-