23. Real Parents

[Kyle]

It's been about two weeks since Christine had flat lined and I've been crying everyday and not sleeping. I've been cutting like no tomorrow, and there might not be for me. I just don't know anymore. She was my life and since she is gone, I don't really have a purpose. Like I ever did but she was my everything.

I floated down the stairs to the front door and walked out into the bitter, crisp cold air. The grass was covered in beautiful frost and it crunched beneath my heavy feet. I walked down the road, not really wanting an exact destination. I walked for about 15 minutes and I found my eyes looking into the glass windows of the hospital. I stepped in the door. "Here for an appointment, sir?" a stalky women asked me in a thick Southern accent.

"No ma'am, just, uh, needed to use the restroom." she nodded and pointed down the hallway to the left. I walked slowly down the hallway, admiring the gorgeous mosaic on the wall. I thought it was wonderful how people can take broken pieces of things, put them with other broken pieces and make something beautiful out of it. Art. Kinda like love. We were both broken and we could've loved. Been in love. We could've been a mosaic.

I placed my hand on the cold tiles and walked slowly down the hallway, slipping my fingers in between the cracks. I opened the bathroom door and sat in the corner of the dark, cold room.

I feel like I'm been glued to the floor, I had no energy or motivation to get up. I was physically tired, emotionally, and spiritually. I could not balance myself on my feet. Finally I press my hands on the wall and steady my self on my weak, exhausted feet and walk out the door. As I close the door I hear another closing behind me down the hallway.

I find myself drooling over an exotic, tall blonde girl, standing motionless in one place as well as I. Half of her head was freshly shaved and she had a death worried look on her face. "Ch- I- But you-" I sputtered. Her bare feet slapped quickly and frantically across the tiles and withing seconds I felt a heavy pressure on my upper body, legs wrapped around my waist, arms grasping my neck and hair, and a heavy head on my shoulder, with warm tears in my shirt.

I hand glided through her hair tinted in gold and platinum. "I missed you. I was so worried because you left me. I thought you were just gone." she whimpered, muffled with her mouth on my shoulder, lifting up her head.

Her little sapphire like eyes glistened in her tears. "It's okay. I thought I lost you. I look-" she placed her cold stone fingers on my trembling lips and pecked her on mine. Sparks flew everywhere. My blood pressure was elevating my the second and my heart beat was dramatically racing. I held her close and wouldn't release my lips from hers. I got light headed and dizzy as I gasped her shoulders close to my body. She pulled away, putting her hand over her mouth and blushing. "I have to go Kyle. That was...uh, fantastic." she smiled at me, skipping down the hallway.

"Can I ask a question or two?" I asked. "Can you ask later?" she asked, closing the door behind her back.

Wow. Just wow. My back flew hard on the wall, which was the only way to balance myself. My back glided down the walls.

[Christine]

"Are you ready, ma'am?" a nurse asked me. I nodded, worried about the death defying surgery I was about to have. I lay down on the chilly material bed and gulped the lump in my throat down hard. I held my chest and smiled. "What are you so happy about Miss. Strickland?" a doctor asked me, dragging over a metal table towards my bedside. "I just saw a family friend. Haven't seen him a while. I was really happy to see him." I said, grinning and grabbing my face as my cheeks got hot.