Chapter Four : Hope

Song : Fleetwood Mac ~ The Chain

A/n Hey everyone 😊 Hope you're all well. So here's the next page. I hope you're all enjoying it so far!! I was in the middle of my Christmas tests when I wrote this so bare with me. I tend to do my best writing when I've got free time inbetween my tests so I'm just transferring my written notes into this. Anyway, hope you like it. If you have any questions or queries let me know. Xxx

                           ~ ~ Hope ~ ~

It had been a few days now, and I've been keeping myself distant, away from the prying eyes of the other soldiers. Everyone seemed to notice my wing marks or the scars, the flash of my eyes whenever someone caught me off guard. The only people I really talked to was Bucky and Jacques. Even Steve sometimes, but, he still seemed wary of me.

They're the only ones who know I can set on fire...literally, as only just I found it the other day. Just great. Something what to add to the pile of crap that is my life.

Luckily, Bucky was ready with a glass of water to throw at me. I was beginning to wonder if we'd even make it to this camp Steve keeps going on about. He talked of a woman. Maggie? No. Peggy! Peggy Carter. Once he starts talking about her he doesn't shut up. I can tell he likes her...maybe even loves her. I wish I knew what love felt like.

I was walking at the front of the group with Steve and Bucky when I heard a mass people of people talking over the sound of the tank

I was walking at the front of the group with Steve and Bucky when I heard a mass people of people talking over the sound of the tank. It was the camp. We had finally made it. Soldier rushed around us clapping and cheering for the returned of their comrades. I lingered back a moment. They didn't need me there. I really wasn't part of this Family.

They probably wouldn't even noticed if I just...slipped away. I back away slowly towards the forest and took tentative steps toward what I knew I needed. Freedom. Maybe if I just at left really quietly.

"Ali?"

I stopped. I listened. A tear trickled down my cheek. How could anyone care for the monster I am.

"Where are you going?" It was Bucky. I turned to see him beside me. A worried look on his face.

"I'm not part of this. None of you need to worry about me. I'm dangerous...you know that." I said shrugging off Jacques' coat and offering it to Bucky. He shook his head, smiling slightly. He looked up at me with the kindest eyes.

"I promised I'd help you. A promise is a promise. And I'm not breaking it so easily just because you think your not worth our help." He had come dangerously close to me and I went to take a step back but was quickly held in place by his tight grip on my arms. I looked at his hands for a second slightly confused. My head rose to see his eyes. Whether it was just kindness or pity, it was an assurance that he wasn't wrong. He took the coat out of my shaking arms and he gripped my left hand.