Chapter 26

Mettaton sat on his Mother's bed, still having her in his mechanical arms. She was silent ever since the skeleton had left 10 minutes ago. He playfully bit the tip of her tail to gain her attention. It worked. The scientist jumped and looked up at her boy. "Y-yes?"
"What are you thinking about?" She blushed and focused on her mew mew kissy cutie sheets, clearing her throat. "J-just you and.....Papyrus being t-together. Is.....is that your b-b-boyfriend?" The topic was a weird one to discuss between them. It was usually Alphys and Undyne's relationship that they talked mostly about. Not Mettaton's. The robot's cheeks were a bright pink as he shifted her in his lap. "I-I don't really know yet. It's too early to tell. But I know that I like him as much as he likes me. I just.....don't know how to show it. What should I do Mom?" He squeezed her tight and frowned. He was asking her for advice? The tables had definitely turned. Never had he asked for help on this kind of thing. He wasn't asking a friend. He was asking his Mother now. The dinosaur gritted her teeth as she thought. 'I can't even deal with my own relationship. How am I suppose to help my son's?' Her and Undyne still felt uncomfortable when doing certain things either with each other or around one another. They weren't completely comfortable yet. But that didn't mean that they never would be in the near future. Her creation waited eagerly to hear what she had to say. "I suppose you just do what you think would make him happy. Show that you care by finding the little things. They might seem small to you but it could mean the world to him. And I wouldn't worry much. You've made Papyrus happy with the poster you gave him. I could tell how excited he was by that. Besides, your a natural at using your charm." She smiled and rubbed her thumb along his cheek. He smiled back as his heart fluttered in the glass that it was contained in. "Thanks Ma. That actually helped." Their foreheads touched lightly as their eyes closed. It was silent in the lab as the two took comfort in the other's presence. Neither knew how long it was until the tv showed static on the screen from not being used in a while. The volume was lowered and everything outside was still and quiet. There were a few rocks that splashed her in there in the molten lava below but that was completely normal for Hotland. The two guards had left their post to go home along with the rest of the residents that surrounded the area. Mettaton opened his eyes to look at his Mother who to his surprise, was asleep. He learned to recognize the signs of slumber. Her chest rose and fell very slowly, her breathing the same. Her face was blank with bags under her eyes. The robot touched her cheek, waiting for a response. Nothing. He gently layed her down and turned the tv off along with the lights. He pulled the covers back and slid in the bed with the dinosaur, snuggling close. Alphys started to snore as her creation wrapped his arms around her small frame, pulling them even closer than they already were. With one last kiss to her forhead, his one eye turned a deep purple as he shut his body down to sleep.
(A/N: I had this finished yesterday but don't know why I didn't post it. Oh well! Another chapter will come later on in the day)