I Get Dragged Into the Woods by Some Old Dude

After nearly being discovered alive by a medic, I finally had a window of time to scurry out the back exit without anyone noticing; most volunteers were hunched over the rest of the innocent readers like myself, although they had been squashed in mid sentence of whatever they were reading. Others were still outside, filling out paperwork, writing reports about the condition of the building (for insurance later, I guess) or retrieving more medical supplies. No one had thought to search around the back of the building however, or whatever was left of it. I basically escaped the remains of a building with my shirt half burned off and my skin, soot covered like a coal miner and no one seemed to notice me. Rad. I didn't really know what to do or where to go after what I had witnessed, but escaping was a good start. I shuffled towards the edge of the woods behind the library and stayed close to the ground. Leaves danced violently at my ankles, prickling my jeans as if to get my attention. I kept glancing my eyes towards the road, making sure no one's focus was in my direction. They couldn't hear the leaves crunching under my sneakers due to the loud "ssssccchhhhhhh" sound made by the jet pressured water hose, or the crackling of the building itself, resembling a nice, peaceful fireplace- just 100 times louder and hotter. I could still smell the stench of burning bodies, flesh, and hair lingering in the air. All my attention was on what was happening around me, but evidently not paying much attention to exactly where I was walking. And the funny thing is, I didn't notice myself not noticing until I noticed that someone had noticed me. This specific person just so happens to be some old guy, who's beard I walked right into, right before he took a handful of the remainder of my shirt and pulled on it, dragging me into the woods. Also wonderful.