I Play Baseball with a Porcupine

Okay, at the time I didn't know what it was. I could've sworn it was a porcupine. I classified it as male, since it's masculine features were very obvious. His shoulders were broad, his brow drawn in in anger. He was rather short, and stood on two legs. Hair follicles resembling thick pine needles protruded from his collar bones and shoulders, and then proceeded to run down his spine. Its nose pinched into a small point. It's eyes were small, little round orbs of dark sepia. I was so caught up by the toothpick-shaped hair sticking out of the backside of its torso that I didn't notice he was surrounded by translucent amber armor. At a closer look, it wasn't armor; it was a suit of inferno, blazing body protection. I thought he was caught on fire, like three quarters of everything else in the building, but it was as if he had been the blame for all this. It started at his tiny feet, submerging them in wisps of blue flames. As they moved further up his body, an ombré affect occurred. By the time it got to his head, they were shades of light yellow. His arms spread out like he was questioning me, but his unhappy glare pointing right at me said otherwise. His giant flesh pigmented hands with pointed claws spread open and his fingers curved like he was holding something. They glowed bright cadmium, reflected from the spheres of light hovering above his palms. He was the cause of all this. So much was running through my mind. I had stopped looking for an exit by now, intrigued by this thing's appearance. He lifted his left hand and the light moved with it. He tossed it up with a smirk on his face like Batter up. He caught it when it fell, with a spring in his elbow. The counter reaction of this ended with a fireball flying at me with lightning speed. I dove to my right, landing on a pile of smoking papers. My ribcage sizzled and I hopped up in pain with my hands covering my head. I heard the explosion behind me. The window imploded with a mushroom cloud of glass shrapnel. Another one was thrown, and then another. I heard a firetruck somewhere around me. I wondered why no one else saw what I did, and then I realized I was the only one in the building, other than the ones trapped under bookshelves or roofing, presumably dead or unconscious. I picked up one of the books I had landed on earlier, the biggest one I could find. I hurled a shard of broken glass at the porcupine dude. It embedded itself in his right eye. He roared in pain, and his anger rocketed. He flexed his arm and flicked his wrist as if to catch something by his waist. Yet another fireball sparked out of midair above his palm. He propelled it towards me for the fourth time. This time, when it got close to me, I took the encyclopedia and swung it as hard as I could. I felt the force of the inferno slap against the cover. I looked down at my "baseball bat" and it had a hole through both covers, and all the pages in between. Books really are useless,  I thought with a smirk. Nothing was working, there was no way on earth I could do anything to him. He might be short, but he was a walking flamethrower. I saw a fire extinguisher under the blinking light that blared the beep beep beeeep sound we all know as the fire alarm. I held my ears and I made my way over there with my hole-through-the-middle book, keeping my eye out for Mr. Flamethrower. When I reached the extinguisher, I unhooked it off of the wall and struggled to remember from 7th grade how to work it. PASS, I muttered to myself. I pulled the pin, and turned around, looking for the flaming porcupine. I scanned my surroundings, which wasn't pretty. There he was, blocking the window he had just destroyed behind me. I took off running, half nervous but half laughing it off as I had come to the conclusion that this guy looked like Bowser from Super Mario. I  aimed it at his eyes, squeezing the nozzle. He grunted, rubbing his eyes. The blaze in his hands must've hurt, because he erupted in a series of bellows and squirming thrashes. The blaze started to wither down, and before I could blink, he dispersed in a puff of ash.