OBLIVION

I checked my watch as I finally walked inside the restaurant where me and my girlfriend were supposed to have our dinner tonight.

8:30

We made a reservation at 6:00 and I am two and a half hours late for it. I tried reaching her through calls and texts but I failed. Kaya naman I took my chances na baka andito pa siya sa restaurant. I scanned the fine looking restaurant for Cyd but my eyes are telling me that she is not here anymore. I made my way to the receptionist to see if our reservation was cancelled.

"Miss." I called her attention. "I made a reservation here about a week ago."

Kinuha agad nung receptionist yung log book nila to confirm my reservation.

"Under what name po Ma'am?" she smiled at me.

"Kim." I answered her. "Kim Fajardo."

The lady took a minute to look for my name and by the looks of it ay nahanap niya ako.

"Is it the 6pm reservation?" she asked me.

"Yes."

Then she looked at me for awhile as I answered her. If I am reading her correctly she's giving me a face of judgement.

"Were you supposed to meet someone here?" she asked me.

"Uhm.. oo."

"Ikaw yung kasama nung babae dito?" her tone sounded accusing but I wasn't offended.

"May pumunta ba dito?" I asked her. "Where is she?"

The receptionist closed her log book before answering me.

"Opo. Maaga nga siya eh." The girl answered me. "Siguro around 5:45 andito na siya. And she really looked pretty."

Wow miss. I thought to myself. Way to make me feel worse. Alam ko namang laging maganda si Cyd eh.

"Kaso kakaalis lang niya." she informed me again. "Actually mga 10 minutes ago lang siya umalis. Hindi mo po ba siya natawagan kanina para nahintay ka niya?"

I was feeling a little irratated now. Ang dami niyang tanong and it is really starting to be annoying. Pero syempre I kept my composure because I did not want to make a scene in this restaurant.

"Ahh I see." sinabi ko nalang sakanya. "Sige, I'll go ahead. Thank you!"

She offered me a smile one last time. "She's really beautiful." sinabi nanaman niya. "And someone like her should never be left waiting--"

"I know." I cut her off. "I know that."

Kung hindi lang ako judgemental eh iisipin ko na may gusto siya kay Cyd.

"Thank you Ma'am."

I made my way out of the restaurant as quickly as possible. Hindi naman ito masyadong malayo sa condo namin ni Cyd. Not unless kung kupal nanaman yung traffic ngayon. I quickly went to my car and drove as fast as possible. I am still trying to get a hold of Cyd's phone pero I am still unsuccessful. She's probably just trying her best to ignore me.

Thankfully nakisama yung traffic sa akin at wala pang 10 minutes ay nakarating na ako sa condo. Nang naka park ako ng sasakyan dali dali na akong lumabas and walked straight to our tower. Right now I just really want to see Cyd but I know that she probably hates me right now. When I got to our door, I felt the need to stop for a minute. Like I needed a calm before the storm. I took the keys in my pocket and slowly opened the door. Studio apartment lang yung amin kaya wala itong partition. I felt a relief when I saw Cyd laying there on the bed. Naka side view siya so I couldn't see her face pa. Quickly I made my way to the bed and crawled to the space beside her.