GUILTY

As my usual Tuesday schedule goes, at 10:30 in the morning one of the study rooms in the library is always reserved for me. Being an athlete-student, reserving a whole room for yourself is pretty easy. I actually use this time to have some alone time away from the people inside the campus. Yes, one could say that I am an introvert sometimes, though others might not agree with this. I don't actually "study" unless I need to. But right now I just wanted to be alone and contemplate on my life that is just going downhill.

Sitting in a bean bag with both of my feet raised in a comfortable position, life right now could not get more relaxing. I put on my headphones and relaxed my body back as I drowned myself to the music. But before I could even close my eyes, the door just swung open and a girl wearing a worn out polo with her worn out vans rushed inside the room. She looks like someone who just got chased down by a police trying to run for her life.

"Ahem." I tried to cough to get the stranger's attention.

Still the stranger didn't look back at me. She is still checking the commotion outside the room. For sure she's hiding from someone.

"Excuse me." I tried to speak again as I got my headphones off.

"Wait lang." she said without even looking at me.

I just stared at her waiting for atleast some acknowledgment from the stranger. It was a good 2 minutes with her just staring outside the room making sure that whoever or whatever it is that she's running away from is already out of sight.

"Thank you G!" she sighed at may paturo pa siya sa taas. And finally she acknowledged my presence. "Ay sorry ha. Akala ko kasi walang tao kayo lumoob nalang ako."

"Ah, halata nga eh." I smiled sarcastically. "Girlfriend?"

"Woah." clearly nabigla siya sa tanong ko kaya napatawa pa siya ng slight. "Easy ka lang, hindi mo pa nga ako kilala you're asking me out na?"

I threw a pillow at her out of impulse.

"Asshole." I pointed out. "I was just asking kung girlfriend mo yung tinatakbuhan mo. Looking at you, I would be very surprised kung boyfriend mo yun."

The stranger went closer to me and kneeled down infront of me so that we are on the same level.

"So what if boyfriend ko yun?" she asked.

"Well." I moved a little backwards dahil masyado siyang lumapit sa akin and it kinda feels awkward talking to a stranger this close. "Kung boyfriend mo yun, kawawa naman siya. Baka mas gwapo ka pa sakanya eh."

She made her way to the bean bag beside me and sat there in comfort.

"Oh." she smirked. "So you think gwapo ako?"

"Uh, no. I think maganda ka." agad kong sagot. "Wait bakit ba andito ka pa? Diba wala na yung tinatakbuhan mo? I think you can leave now."

She gave me a smile.

As I calmed down, I started to really look at the stranger's face. Her face didn't look anything but unusual. Ewan ko pero parang hindi naalis sa mukha niya yung ngiti niya. Maybe she's just really happy right now. But her smirk is cute, I'm not going to lie. Or maybe mahangin lang talaga siya kaya her smirk is always there.

"Don't you want me to stay?" she asked as she turned the bean bag I am sitting on to her direction. "Wala ka namang kasama dito so maybe I could keep you company and malay mo maging friends tayo."

"Um, no thanks." I rolled my eyes at her.

"So it's true.." she hummed. "Yung sinasabi nila about sa'yo."