2. Stars Without The Moon

"Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are up above the world so high like a diamond in the sky"
     Looking up, I saw the dark sky glimmer with stars, different colors, different sizes, different age yet one beauty.
     "You are a star, always remember that, don't let the clouds cover you" I recited what my mother always told me, she told me that I'm a star, I was her star. I helped her light her world.
     Yet, the star can't shine without the moon, the moon gives light to the stars and she was my moon. "How, how will your star glow mom, if it's moon isn't here, if you're not here".
     Tears started flowing. It's the beginning of another 365 days of my life yet I'm here alone trying to reach the sky, hoping to touch the stars, desperately trying to glow without a help, but it's useless.
     I touch my chest just above my heart, breathing deep, hoping to lessen the pain that throbs within. "Why mom, why do you have to leave? Why do you have to leave your star to give light to another world?"
     I need to know, I wanna know, because my shine, my glow is starting to dull, I can't stop the clouds from covering me, for the source of my light left, leaving the beauty within me fading slowly.