Chapter 1

Everybody has a safe place. Some people's safe spot is a person, their home or their job. But mine is not one specific spot, it is an accumulation of spots that you could consider as one. My safe spot is a sporting venue. I have grown up at a pitch, diamond, rink, field, and court. If I wasn't at one I was at the other. It's all because of my family that I was always at one of these places. One day when I was at one of these games I got a hold of a nice camera and I fell in love with taking photos during games.

You could say my safe place turned into my career but you couldn't have told me that when I started college. I would have thought that you were crazy. My safe spot was a reserve during my highs and lows throughout my life. With having a child at the age of 19 and having a husband in the NHL life could get hectic.

I would say that my career choice should have been obvious because it was right in front of my face but since I was blinded by what others told me I followed that path, to begin with. If you believe in god, gods, an afterlife or nothing at all well this is where my story changes. In the fall of 2014, I changed my major to sports management in the spring of 2015 my life changed. I met new people and learned so much in my new major. I had no regrets about changing my major. My mom other hand hated that fact that I changed my major. She felt that I couldn't succeed as a woman in a man's industry.

I met my husband, well ex-husband, at school and we truly did love each other but then he was gone one day. We had a child together and now our child has no father. He will never get to know his father, Tyler Seguin. We went to high school together and got married when he went to the NHL and I went to college. We got pregnant the first year I was in school and his first year in the league. I wish we were safer when it came to sex but if we weren't we would have had Brendan. But that was seven years ago now and Brendan is in first grade.

I had Brendan while I was in Boston with Tyler and not long after the day he was born, he was gone and we moved to a new city to get away from the heartbreak. I wish that it ended a different way but it is what it is and we can't change it. I couldn't expose Brendan to my hurt and hate towards a city. My life changed after I started working for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Please comment and vote.