Sex Goddess: A Lovely Seduction [11]

All day Kate was looking down the hall, searching for Trevor. She wasn’t sure what she wanted to find him for, though. She was too ashamed to admit that she wanted to continue what they had started in the janitor’s closet.

After school she went out into the parking lot to look for any sign of him, or the Jeep Patriot he drove. She didn’t see him and sauntered over to her own car. Her disappointment was cut when she saw Trevor leaning against her car with his arms crossed, looking at her with a smirk.

“Algebra test this week. I need help.” He still kept up the completely bogus lie to cover up his real intent. “I think I’ll ride with you, today.”

At her house, Kate braced herself for an attack once she got in the door, but Trevor went to the couch and sat down.

“What have your dreams been like?” He looked down and pretended to be interested in the floor.

“The same.”

“Anything new?” He looked up and away from me.

“No. Just found out that you’re afraid of the dark.” She laughed at her own joke but Trevor’s attention snapped back to her.

“What?” He was very serious.

“Umm, nothing. You just said that it was dark and you were afraid of it.”

His eyes were calculating and computing.

She came and sat next to him. Waves of longing pulled over her body and ended at her fingertips. She tried to focus on what he was so worried about, but all she could do was think about kissing him and touching him.

“Kate? I need you to focus!” Trevor’s tone was agitated but Kate could tell he was amused by her sudden lack of attention.

“Okay, I’m focusing. Yeah you said you were afraid of the dark…Sooo…you’re afraid of the dark?”

Trevor shook his head. “No. But in my last dream you told me you were afraid of the dark. And it was like… The darkness consumed you…”

Kate’s brain struck gold. A light bulb that could light Toronto went off in her head. “It’s the darkness!! The darkness is what’s watching us. But what the hell does that mean??” Kate’s sudden burst of epiphany was short lived when she realized she had no clue what it meant.

Trevor ran his hand through his hair. “I don’t know. But as long as it’s only in our dreams, it can’t be too harmful right?”

“Trevor what are the chances that us having the same dreams with the same bad guy or ‘thing’ in it is a coincidence?” She had a valid point.

“Maybe something is influencing our dreams from the outside.”

Kate nodded absently as she thought. “Or someone.”