Chapter #2| Date with Carter

I looked at myself in the mirror not liking the outfit I chose, after different pairs I can't seem to find the right one. My mother even attempted to help out but again no luck, I wanted everything to be perfect and special. This is after all is my first date with anyone and I am happy it's with my crush Carter Thomas.

"Manny, you need to pick an outfit he'll be here in a few minutes" Mother replies. After telling her the good news she squealed wanting to help with my hair and clothes. I remember telling her about my sexuality, I was scared she'll reject me but it was my father done didn't accept having a gay son. I felt guilty being the cause for their divorce but my mother didn't want a man who treats her son like trash, I forgave my father and hoped one day he'll come to his sense and accept me for who I am.

"Help me, I am too nervous to pick anything. What if he changes his mind? I didn't even ask whether he's gay or bisexual" I replied. She sighed.

"Honey, get it together. Everything will be find and he asked you out not someone else so have a little faith in him" she says. I nodded in agreement, she's right he asked me and only me so he must like me, right?

"He's here" she says. Finally picked an outfit, happy with the result I rushed out of my room so see him waiting talking to my mother.

"Ready to go?" he asked. I blushed seeing how handsome he looks, he can make any simply outfit look sexy.

"Nice meeting you Ms. O'Conner" says Carter. Mother smiled and asked him to call her Wendy, I didn't expect him to be such a gentleman. He opened my door and even took us to a nice restaurant, to my surprise he knew the owners and they gave me a warm welcome.

"I-I've been waiting to ask you this for sometime now, why did you ask me out?" I said.

"Why not" he replies. Damn it, he's making me feel awkward. Maybe I should of kept my mouth shut and hear him talk about football.

"Well we barely known each other" I said

"That's the point for this date, it's not like I am asking you to be my boyfriend. I know we've known each other for a short time so that's why I asked you out and just see how this goes" he says. Damn it now I feel stupid, of course that's the main reason for this date and yes he did not ask me to be his boyfriend so way to go Manny, make the atmosphere dense.

"Let's change the subject, tell me about yourself?" he asked.

"Oh well, I-I love to read books, I like any genre so I am not picky which one I prefer to read. I-I'm gay and I am sure you know that hence this date, I am an only child and I have a guinea pig named puppy" I replied.

"Puppy? why puppy?" he asked. I blushed because the answer is so silly.

"W-Well puppy was a surprise gift and I am horrible picking names so puppy came to mind first so that's his name" I replied. Carter laughed at my answer, I never get tired of hearing his laugh.

"Very cute" he says. I blushed again, goodness I really need to stop blushing.

"W-What about you?" I asked.

"Not much interesting about me" he says.

"Same but I still said something" I replied.

"Fair enough, well I play football and I do plan to make it a career hopefully. I am an artist, I paint people I meet and I have a dog named Gaspy, that's about it I think" he says. I am surprised that he paints, I am curious what his paintings would look like and wondering if he painted me.

"We're boring people" I said.

"Agree" he replies. We spent hours talking about our embarrassing moments, I couldn't believe he'd egged his ex girlfriends house and get arrested. I told him the time when I wet the bed after watching a scary movie, when I mentioned the name he laughed saying it wasn't even horror.

"I better take you home, it's getting late" he says. I smiled, this night was perfect.

"T-Thank you for everything, I didn't really get the chance to tell you that so thank you" I said. I shyly looked at him, I gathered the courage to do something I always wanted to do the moment I first saw him.

I kissed Carter Thomas.