Chapter 5: Something More?

WOAH IM BACK. SORRY FOR THE MAJOR DISAPPEARANCE! I'M BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!

~•~

"Sorry to drag you down into the bowels," Josh chuckled.

"Just get Sam her hot water and I'll be super-fine,"

"I mean I wouldn't want you coming down here on your own, you know?"

"Aren't you just a sweetheart?" Artemis nudged Josh's ribs as she chuckled.

"You know me Artie, finest of them all," Josh smirked as he flashed his signature smile.

Artemis laughed as she playfully pushed Josh, "Oh shut up!"

When they reached the boiler room, Josh immediately went to work on the boiler while Artemis wandered. She's been to the lodge a few times excluding the winter getaways. Hannah would always invite Artemis everywhere the Washington's go. It was amazing to say the least. To have rich parents, the possibilities were endless. College wasn't just going through the motions, or an endless maze of studying and perfect test grades. It was adventure and discovery and . . . finding love. Not exactly boy-meets-girl type of love. But a love that doesn't need presents or cuddles and kisses, only faith, trust, loyalty, kindness and forgiveness.

As she touched a bat that held fond memories, she called out to Josh, "Remember the first time we met? How you kept trying to talk to me, but . . . Beth . . . she tried so hard to keep you from me,"

Josh smiled, "Yeah, she was always trying to steer girls away from me, that little sneak."

"But Hannah she always spoke about you, always pushing me towards you." Artemis covered her mouth before she could let out a loud laugh, "Remember when the little match maker got us on that date?"

Josh stopped what he was doing only to laugh, "She-She made this whole romantic dinner at the cafe of the college,"

Artemis almost doubled over in laughter, "Oh. My. God. That was the most awkward date I've ever been to,"

Josh shot a look, "Hey! That was the only date you've been on,"

"Wow," Artemis gasped. "Did you really just bring that up? And here I thought we were friends,"

"We are dummy," Josh snorted. "But enough with our cringe-y love life and let's fix the old guy up," Josh gave Artemis a flashlight and asked, "here can you . . . can you hold this?" Artemis shined the light where Josh was working and hummed as he continued in silence.

A small creak echoed through the basement, it sent a shiver down Artemis' spine. "What was that?" She quivered lightly, briefly forgetting to hold the light for Josh.

"What was what?"Josh asked. "Can you just keep the light so I can see, okay?"

Artemis sighed, "Okay... I'm sorry."

"It's alright. No need to be sorry," Josh smiled to himself. He finished what he need to do and let out sigh. "Nice one. Okay first things first: we need to increase the water pressure before we get the boiler fired up."

Artemis said nothing but only showed a concerned face. Surely Josh knew that Artemis didn't know a word he just said.

Josh laughed lightly, "It's actually pretty simple."

"Okay," Artemis mumbled. As the water pressure beeped, Artemis missed her chance to start it up. "Damn!" She mentally scolded herself.

"Relax... it's not that hard. Just press the button when the light comes on." Josh said, reassuring her that it's okay.