Horace x reader - sweet thank you's

Start from the beginning

"I don't see why not, are you coming to the beach tonight?" Millard asked moving somewhere in the room.

"Of course, I'll see you there" I said leaving the room to get water for my flowers.

I started walking downstairs knocking on the basement door quietly as not to disturb.

"Come in" Enoch yelled in a somewhat irritated voice. I pushed open the door and made my way down tge creaky stairs. Enoch was fumbling with his clay dolls and he seemed to be angry with one.

"How's it going (y/n)?" He called out while ripping the limbs off his clay doll and throwing it aside.

"I was brought these flowers today and I was wondering if I could borrow a jar to put them in, they're really pretty I'd like to keep them in my room" I said walking closers and observing the gritty floor. Sometimes I feel bad for the clay men but I try not to dwell on it too much.

"Oh he got you flowers eh? That's cute I guess, go ahead" he said handing me and empty glass jar. It had a slight blood stain on the side so I would have to scrub it off.

"He?" I questioned out loud. How could he know who got me these flowers? Enoch began to laugh so hard he was almost in tears.

"You don't know? Secret admirer flowers huh?" I nodded, slightly irritated I didn't know who he was referring to earlier.

"Will you tell me please!" I begged
"Please won't you tell me?" I was to impatient to even wait for an answer.

"Who do you want it to be?" He said joking still laughing uncontrollably. I blushed as I thought about his question, I hadn't even thought about that because it had seemed so impossible to me. If Horace had got me these flowers I would be overjoyed, but of course that's not the case! Horace welcomed me first to the loop, he has always been my best and closest friend but he wouldn't fancy me! I covered my face as Enoch continues to the laugh at me even more so now that I'm pink and embarrassed, lost for words.

"Thank you and goodbye Enoch, talk to you later" I rushed up the stairs to the sound of Enoch's cruel snickering.

Horace's POV

The night was clear and the stars were bright, we all walked together to the beach. As we got closers the waves started to drown out our laughter. Emma pulled Jacob away quickly, they were going to the sunken ship. The rest of us ran to the water and began to change into swimsuits. Not me of course I did really feel like getting into cold water and I didn't want to be out of my suit.

"Aren't you gonna be bored?" I heard a sweet voice call to me. (Y/n) sat next to me in the sand and leaned her head against me.

"Maybe but it's nice to watch as well" I replied looking down at her. Her eyes stared into the sand as she drawed patterns with her fingers. I love the way she focuses on something so deeply giving it all of her attention. I think she must if caught me staring in a daze because she laughed and formed a small warm smile.

"Well I don't want you to be all by yourself, care to join me for a walk?" She asked looking up at me. She stood up and dusted the sand off of the back of her dress and held her hand out for me which I gladly took. She pulled me up to the best of her ability and there we were standing, holding hands. We both let out nervous laughs and pulled away but I felt kind of down trodden. I wish I could hold her hand longer, I wish I could reach over and run my hands through her soft hair. I wish I could hold her in my arms and kiss her on the cheek. I wish I could tell her how much I'd like her to be with me, most of all I wish I had the courage to do all of these things. We began walking down the beach talking about this and that, the sound of the other peculiar children splashing in the water faintly being replaced by crisp waves and her gentle voice.