I Hope You Catch Me When I Land (Part 2 Of I Can Do Better)

"Goodluck Princess." My dad says before I walk off to the choir room.

I take a deep breath and begin with my makeup, trying to calm my nerves.

"How are you feeling?" Blaine asks as he sits next to me. "First big solo,"

"I'm already nervous, please don't make it worse." I say, applying blush to the apples of my cheeks.

"Don't worry about it, you'll be fine." He says, and stands behind me. "Let me take care of your hair," I smile as he gives me a hug and grabs my comb and a huge can of hairspray.

"All right everyone, show circle." Mr Schuster says. We gather around and some of my nerves fade away.

20 minutes later

The Warblers take the stage and I try not to notice Sebastian, given that we hadn't spoken since 'that day'.

"Are you okay? You look a little sick," Blaine asks quietly.

"It's just nerves, I need some air," I say and rush out of the auditorium.

I walk away from the auditorium and sink to my knees against a wall in the corridor.

"Well, you're going to lose. We all know you're no Rachel Berry,"

"We're going to lose, I don't think I can do this," I mutter to myself and try to slow my breathing.

"Of course you can, we'll be fine." Blaine says and wraps his arms around me. "Come on, the Warblers are almost finished." He takes my hand in his and leads me backstage.

The Warblers come off of the stage and a Sebastian passes us he whispers, "You're going to need all the luck you can get."

"Just ignore him, you'll be fine." Rachel says and squeezes my hand.

The first two numbers go smoothly and everything seems fine.

Then I take center stage and take a deep breath. The music starts and I look over to the Warblers, to show then who's boss. Sebastian winks at me.

"Time's been ticking, hearts are runnin'
Think that Cupid's up to somethin'
You asked me how I feel, I say nothin'
But lately color seems so bright
And the stars light up the night
My feet they feel so light
I'm ignoring all the signs
I keep on frontin', yeah, I stay bluffin'
I keep you wonderin'
Keep you huntin' for my lovin'
But I crave us huggin'
Yeah, I stay stubborn
Cause I can't admit that you got all the strings
And know just how to tug 'em

I think I'm in love again
(My head, yeah, you're in my head)
I think I'm in love again
(My head, yeah, you're in my head)
I didn't think it could be true
Let alone that it would be you
I think I'm in love again
(I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love)

My hearts' pacin', I'm confused, I'm dazin'
I saw something I never seen in you, it's got me shakin'
I must be hallucinatin'
I hear it happens, I'm just sayin'
Babe I'm just sayin'
Someone give me some paper
Someone give me some crayons
I'm feeling like a child, I need something to play on
I'm trying hard to trust you when you say, "Give me your hand."
Baby, I'm fallin', I hope you catch me when I land

I think I'm in love again
(My head, yeah, you're in my head)
I think I'm in love again
(My head, yeah, you're in my head)
I didn't think it could be true
Let alone that it would be you
I think I'm in love again

My eyes look at Sebastian and I sing the chorus once more. I smile when the song is finish and take a bow. The whole audience stands up, applauding us.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" Blaine says when we are backstage. I hug him in return and we head back to the choir room before they announce who won.

30 minutes later

"First place goes to... " I clutched Blaine's as if it was a life belt and shut my eyes tight.

"The New Directions," the world felt like it had let go of me and I was floating.

"We won!" I scream and hug Blaine.

I look over his shoulder at the Warblers. Sebastian is looking at me, and I mouth "I told you so." to him. His eyes seem to smile at me.

I hoist the trophy up high and watch my parents smiling at me from the audience. They both look so proud of me.

***

I walk down the empty corridor to the choir room. Someone grabs my hand and turns me to face them before they crash their lips into mine.

"We should really stop meeting like this," I whisper and look up into Sebastian's green eyes. I brake free from his grip and walk down the corridor to the school entrance.

"Where are you going?"

"To Breadsticks. To celebrate with my friends."

***

I get ready for bed after the amazing evening that I've had. I tie my hair up in a loose high ponytail and slip on my button up pyjama shirt.

I wander into my room, and plug my phone in to charge. I sense that someone else is in my room so I pick the baseball bat lying next to my bed up and wait for the intruder to show themselves.

Sebastian steps out of the shadowy corner and I whack him with my baseball bat.

"Ow! " he cries out and I shush him.

" My parents are downstairs sleeping, don't wake them!" I whisper.

"Why did you hit me?" he asks rubbing his arm.

"Why are you in my room?" I ask, staring at him.

"Don't answer my question with a question."

I sit on my bed and put my head in my hands, groaning

"What do you want Sebastian? I'm exhausted."

"I wanted to talk about our kiss."

"Which one?" I ask, climbing into bed.

"Touche. What are you doing?"

"Lying down, so that I can fall asleep,"

Sebastian lies on top of my covers. I stare at him and frown.

"I'll do the talking, how about that?"

"Okay, but why are you on my bed?"

"Does it really matter? I'm sure at least one guy has been on this bed before."

"Nope."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously, now can I please go to sleep?"

"Okay. Do you want me to go?"

"Hm?" I sigh, with my eyes closed. "No, but you should probably leave before my parents wake up."

"Deal," he says and I cuddle up to him.

"Why'd you kiss me?" I murmur, half asleep.

"I guess I really like you, Y/N. Despite the fact that you can be as annoying as a hyperactive five year old." He says and wraps his arm around me.

"Trust me, I'll catch you when you land." He whispers and kisses my forehead.