cascade

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THINGY:
Please read A/N at the end of the oneshot. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a few minutes to spare, does it? Thanks.

~÷~

The thin, summer air kissed my skin as I gazed out of the window, the view breathtaking as always. I pictured it in my mind and went back to my sketch.

"Line after line after line, soon enough it'll be full of emotion," I thought to myself.

"Alright, as all of you know, the anatomic structure of a man and a woman is different, however—" I chose not to listen and inserted my earphones in, Yiruma's 'Kiss The Rain' playing its oh-so-melancholic melody.

Even though I wanna take Fine Arts for college, for 18 years of doing every kind of art and learning every single detail I could learn, for attending every single workshop available, and with Ryan forcibly coming with me, I never understood art. 'What's the purpose of art?' 'Why is art like, the mother of all creativity?' And tons more questions creep in my mind as the years go on. My still mind won't just shut up. I sighed, frustated.

"Curiosity killed the cat," I murmured.

In the middle of sketching and of the song, my best friend, Ryan, is nudging my side.

Few more minutes in, I ripped my earphones off my ears and gave him a deathly stare, "WHAT?!"

"What, Fujiyoshi?" Ms. Clarkson said in an authorative voice. I gulped.

"Would you please hand me your phone and we'll talk after class," She said sweetly, still authorative, while handing her hand out. All eyes on me, I cringing-ly hand my phone, along with my earphones, to her and she snatched it, and slam it inside her drawer.

I could see the horns, the tail, and flames in her eyes that could melt her contact lenses. I shiver in cringe and in fear as I imagine her saying, "Y'ALL GONNA BURN HERE AND NO ONE'S GONNA PASS THROUGH ME." All over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Little by little my sanity's being taken away from me. The thought is literally the worst nightmare that has ever been a nightmare and I shivered.

I sighed and decided to go back to my seat, and slumped with my bag. She cleared her throat and began speaking again. "As was saying—"

"S-sorry..." Ryan said sheepishly, looking down and twiddling his thumbs. "It wasn't me, swear to God."

"Yeah sure... I know." I rolled my eyes, still not listening to Ms.  Clarkson's lecture.

"You angry?"

"Am not." I huffed. In my peripheral view, he bowed his head in guilt.

"I'll wait for you until detention's over, Sean." I saw him smile a little.

I was caught off guard, "Y-you don't have to, Ry."

"I will, you're my best friend." He whispered that made me lose it, I blushed.

"O-okay, f-fi-fine. Su-suit yourself... I g-guess..." I looked away, trying to hide my embarrassment from him.

"KFC later?"

"Gonna go for it if you're treatin'." I smiled, looking at him. He answered back, also with a smile. Then he reverted his attention back to Ms. Clarkson.