When we pull back we're both a little breathless and there's no way of containing my smile.

"So I think that now we're finally together that we should have our first official date." He says, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I like the sound of that." I say while nodding.

"I was thinking swimming in the pool." He says.

"I like the sound of that but I feel that I have to be a slight party pooper." I say and smile sheepishly.

"You want to invite the others." He states.

"Yea. Only for the swim. We could hang out with them the after we could go to my room and watch Netflix or something." I say, praying he'll say yes and won't be offended.

"Alright I can agree with that. Only because I like your friends though and because I really want to watch suits." He says, attempting to frown but ending up smiling.

"Suits it is. Come on let's tell the others." I say then stand up and pull him up with me.

He takes my hand and intwines his finger with mine. I grin down at our hands.

"Let's go." I say then tug him with me by our joined hands.

The others are still in the lounge where I left them.

As soon as we walk in all eyes are on us and then on our joined hands.

Claudia reacts first. She grins and lets out a high pitched squeak.

She jumps up and runs towards me, wrapping her arms tightly around me. It takes a second for me to adjust to the sudden weight bowling into me. I wrap one of my arms around her waist but keep the other hand in Ryder's.

Claudia finally lets go of me and instead wraps Ryder in an embrace. She lets him go and takes a step back.

"Do you see that? Right there? They're holding hands! They're together! Finally!" She almost yells, jabbing her finger at Ryder and my hands.

"Yes Claudia we can see their hands." Elliot says in his usual calm voice. Connor nods too.

"But this is big. I've been waiting months for the two of you to get together." She says, almost jumping up and down and pointing at us.

"Congratulations guys." Connor says.

"How can you two be so calm about this? This was my ship! I shipped you two. And now you're together. I'm so happy." She says looking like she might just faint from excitement.

"Ship?" Ryder asks, voicing the question we were all thinking of.

"Yes ship. Goodness you people are so out of touch with social media. Anyway I'm super happy for you two." She says, lessening her smile a little so it looks a little less crazy.

"Thanks. We're pretty stoked too actually. But that's not what we came down here to talk about." I say, looking over at Ryder.

"Yea. We are thinking we should all spend some time together and go for a swim in the pool outside. Relax for a while." Ryder explains.

The others nod.

"It sounds exactly like what we all need after the last few months." Elliot says.

Claudia and I head up to my room to change into our swim suits.

"So you finally did it. You finally told him how you felt." Claudia says as we walk back downstairs in our swimming togs.

"I did. And I couldn't be happier." I say, smiling at her.

"I'm glad." She says as we reach the pool.

I feel a warm hand on the small of my back.

I turn my head a little and see Ryder smiling down at me.

"Hey." He says, pecking my lips.

"Hey." I say back, smiling.

Ryder wraps his arm around my waist and we watch the other jump into the pool.

"I think that I can safely say that my life is almost complete." I say.

"Missing your parents?" He asks. I lean my head against his shoulder.

"Yes. But you make me happy Ryder. Sometimes I forget for a while. I feel like I'm not alone." I tell him.

"You'll never be alone. You've got all of them." He says, pointing at our friends. "And you have me." He says, turning me to face him and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It took me long enough to realise all of that." I say, looking up at him.

"Sometimes what you're looking for is right in front of your eyes." He says.

I gape at him.

"What?" He asks me.

"What did you just say?" I ask him.

"Sometimes what you're looking for is right in front of your eyes." He repeats, looking at me weirdly.

I shake my head and smile.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

"Actually. Everything is perfect." I say. I take his hand and pull him to the edge of the pool.

"You first." He says, giving me a light shove so I fall into the pool. I manage to grab his wrist and pull him in with me. We both fall in with a big splash.

I was happy. I didn't have everything I wanted. But what I had made me happy.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys. Quick update for you. Hope you enjoy it. Vote and comment. Thanks x