Chapter 7

We arrive at the pack house in 25 minutes. I don't go as fast as I did on the way to school. I feel like I should watch my driving more with Ryder here. Something in me feels protective of him.

I park the bike and we both climb off. Leaving our helmets on the seat.

We head in to the pack house and I lead the way to the pack library.

We arrive in the library and Ryder looks around.

"This place is huge." He says.

"I know. It used to be my favourite place to be. This way to the werewolf history books." I say, leading him up the winding wooden staircase.

We reach the top and walk over to the corner on one of the sides and I pull out a few books and stack them in his arms.

"These are big books." He says as I stack another two on the three he's holding.

"Yea I know. They're pretty old too." I say. I grab out three more books and we head back down the staircase and place the books on the table and take a seat.

I grab one and Ryder grabs another and we start flicking through the dusty pages.

I finish the book but find nothing about the glowing gold lines on my wrist and my muzzle when I turn into a wolf.

"You found anything?" I ask Ryder as he grabs another book and closes the one he was reading.

"Nothing. You?" He asks.

"Nope." I say, flicking through the pages of the book I've got.

This book has nothing either so I grab another one. I've just started flicking through the pages when Ryder's phone goes off.

He looks at it and sighs.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"It's my mum. She's asking if I can come and meet her at the front door so the Beta can show us our rooms." He says.

"Oh. You should go. I'll be here for a while so don't worry about it." I tell him.

"I feel bad just leaving you here. I can tell her to do it without me." Ryder says.

"I'm fine. Go. Honestly." I say, smiling at him.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later." He says, smiling and standing up.

I smile and pull out my phone and plug in my headphones. I switch on my playlist and put my headphones on then turn back to the book.

I flick through the books for what feels like forever. I get to the last book which happens to be the largest of all the books.

I'm getting closer to the end of the book when I see something. I stop flicking and going back to the page. I read over the page and gasp.

"Stories state that the one with the golden bands on their wrists as a human and on their muzzle as a wolf is no ordinary wolf. These wolves are pure white except from the golden lines. In history these wolves have been rejected by their mates. Their first mate is however not who the moon goddess had specifically chosen for them. Their destined mate is in fact the person who makes the golden lines glow. This is their second chance mate but the one who the moon goddess actually chose." I say, reading out loud.

"Oh my gosh." I say under my breath.

Ryder is the mate I'm supposed to be with. Without realising it I fall asleep in my chair.

I know as soon as I appear in a field surrounded by a forest that this is not an ordinary dream. I'm wearing a long white dress and when I touch my hair I find a golden wreath resting on top of perfect curls.