Chapter 23: The Talk

Start from the beginning

I knew what patrol he was on, so I went to the edge of the forest, to see him walking around in his thoughts.

"Garroth!" I called, but he didn't seem to hear me. I walked closer and called him, again.

"GARROTH!" I almost screamed in his ear. He jumped back, and finally noticed me.

"OMI Laurance! You don't have to scream!"

"Yes! I called you once, and you didn't even hear me..." I answered.

"Oops... Sorry!" He said. "Well, what do you need?"

"I wanted to talk to you about... something."

"Which is?" He asked.

"Well, in the past days, I've noticed you being strange, and I don't like it. We both know what happened last time, and I don't want something like that to happen again. So, why are you acting so strange?" I said.

"What do you mean... s-strange... I'm perfectly normal!"

"No you're not!" I answered.

"..." He stayed silent for a second, until he seemed to have an idea. "And what about YOU? You keep smiling for no reason, and you're always being weird!" He pointed out.

"Hey!" I defended myself.

Is it really that noticeable?

"See! I'm right!" Garroth said.

"And why should this be about me? I'm talking about you, and you change the subject to me. That's not a way to answer a question!"

"..."Again, he didn't answer.

"Look, Garroth... You're a brother to me, and I just want to make sure you're okay..." I said, calmly.

"I am..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Ok then. That's all I needed to talk about. See you later!" I said.

"Wait! Are you okay, Laurance?" He asked me.

"Of course, I'm alright!" I answered truthfully, or almost.

"Ok, bye!" Garroth said, as I started leaving.

"Bye!"

I walked away, as thoughts started to fill my mind.

What does Garroth mean, I'm acting weird...? Smiling for no reason...? Actually, I know why. Y/N's back, and it makes me so happy.  But seriously, is it that noticeable? I hope Garroth doesn't find out, because I don't want something bad to happen. I don't know why something bad would even happen... I guess maybe I'm embarrassed that I fell in love again, that quickly.

But I don't care, it's worth it.

What about Garroth? He's not telling me something, but then again, I'm not being honest to him. I just hope everything is okay for him. He'll tell me when he feels like it.

I hope...

Y/N'S POV

Mom... No. S/N... definite no... Laurance... might be my friend, but I know I won't be able to... Who should I tell this...?! I have to tell someone!!! But who??

"Argh! This is so annoying!!!" I said, while sitting on my bed.

If only I could make a spell or something to tell me who's the best person to talk to...

Wait! Spell! That's it!

I ran out of my house, and quickly walked over to one of the houses. I knocked on it, and waited for her to open.