twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure, whatever. That sounds fun."

"Great, so we'll see you tomorrow then," I say and hug her before standing up and walking towards Tobias, Zeke, Uriah and Marlene. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah. Is Shauna not coming?" Marlene asks as we walk out the door.

"No," Zeke and I say at the same time.

"She says she's tired," I finish off.

The five of us then took the elevator to the ground floor and walked to the burger place.

Christina, Will, and Lynn were already there. We said hi and hugged each other before sitting down.

The owner, Ralph, walks over to our table then, greeting us all with an energetic, "Hey!" Ralph is from New Jersey, a few years ago, I think he got tired of it there, so he moved his family and his business to Chicago. He has a very, very strong accent.

"Ralph!" We exclaim in unison.

"How's it goin'?"

"Good," I answer, and everyone nods and says the same.

"Where's Shauna?

"She didn't feel like coming tonight," Zeke says.

"Ahh, Zeke. That's too bad, tell her I'm sorry, will ya?"

"Thanks," he nods a little. "I will."

"Alright. Well, how about the burgers? Same as usual?"

"Same as usual," we answer again in unison.

"You guys really need to stop doing that, it freaks me out."

We laugh and say, "Thanks Ralph!" all at once. He shakes his head and starts walking back to the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he says.
♤  ♤  ♤  ♤  ♤

The next day, I got up, took a shower, and got dressed in PINK leggings, a white 'in tees we trust' t-shirt, and Uggs

The next day, I got up, took a shower, and got dressed in PINK leggings, a white 'in tees we trust' t-shirt, and Uggs. I just put on foundation, concealer, mascara, and Burt's Bees lip balm for makeup, and since I didn't wash my
hair because I did yesterday and it's still curly, I throw it up into a ponytail.

When I get downstairs, I find Tobias sitting on a stool at the island and eating a bowl of cereal. I get two blueberry Eggo waffles out of the freezer and put them in the toaster.

Tobias pulls the stool next to him out from under the bar, and I sit on it before reaching over and kissing him.

"Good morning," I say.

"Morning."

"Are you excited for the trampoline park?"

"Hell yeah," he replies, making me laugh.

My Eggos are ready a couple minutes later, so I take them out of the toaster, put them on a plate, cut them up, and drench them in syrup.

"I didn't know we had Eggos!" Tobias whines when I sit back down.

"If ya snooze ya lose," I simply say.

"I was down here first."

"Oh right," I laugh and he joins.

"Where's Natalie and Andrew?" he asks when we calm back down and I give him a bite.

"New York, no, Boston, no... I don't know, I can't keep track anymore. They're running all over the place."

"I know. Do they still not know about Caleb and Amanda?"

"They do now. He told them when he came home for Thanksgiving. I know they're happy about it, I think they're just upset with him for not telling them earlier."

"Are they still excited though?"

"Oh yeah, totally. They're super excited. Another daughter and grandkids? They can't wait."

"Do you they'll push Caleb and Amanda to have an actual wedding?"

"Yeah, I think Amanda's mom and dad are doing the same thing. They want her to have a big white wedding."

"That's good to know. Ready?" He asks as I finish off the last of my waffles.

"Yeah, I just need to brush my teeth." I put my plate in the sink and run upstairs into the bathroom to brush my teeth and Tobias follows me.

We arrive at the trampoline park a half an hour later, and everyone is already there, waiting for us.

I take off my boots and put them in one of the cubby things along with my jacket and Tobias does the same. One of the employees then takes us back to where the trampolines are and sets us free.

I'm glad we chose today to come, because school's not out yet for Christmas break and there's almost no one here.

We bounce around for two hours, and then we go to a dodgeball trampoline. We did girls against boys, and Shauna and Lynn are the last ones in against Uriah.

Lynn gets out so it's just Shauna vs. Uriah.  We all cheer and laugh when shauna gets him out with a little dinky throw.

We play a few more times after that, and then go to Zeke and Shauna's for lunch.
𖠢  𖠢  𖠢  𖠢  𖠢
A/N: hola! Guys, this is so weird... I'm a quarter through the school year and it feels like it's been like 2 weeks! It's crazy! Well.... not much going on with me right now, so I'll keep this short and sweet
Luv ya!❤️😘
-Аɴɴɑ🦁💄🍂💕❤️😍👌🏼🤘🏼✌🏼️🌻🌴