Prologue 3

(Again, I thank you all for your support and I hope you enjoy! Mic~)

Daniel had become an okay pitcher. He still had his days where he wasn't the best, but he still made it through. Daniel was excited to say he helped his team make it to semi-finals for the first time. And, in the back of his mind, he was telling himself his brother would be proud too, but quickly dismissed the thought. His brother could never have been proud of him. Sebastian left him to go play baseball, which ended up changing Daniel drastically.

No one at school actually knew Daniel's past, and they didn't really think twice about it. To them, he was just a boy who was from a different country and just started baseball. And Daniel was okay with it that way. Then no one would ask. No one could ask. But then again, he's changed because of baseball for the third time, which he was proud of this change.

Regrettably, though, Daniel wasn't doing his best the day of the Semi-Finals. He started extremely rough, but slowly began to become consistent. But by the end of the game, the score was 6-5 with them losing. Daniel was immensely disappointed in himself. As the team was packing their things, you could hear their silent cries. 

"I'm sorry. I've made a huge mistake." Came the quiet voice of Daniel. Everyone turned to him, but no one actually saw his face. 

"I've made the mistake of trying baseball. I'm sorry to be a burden to you all. I'll take all the blame for losing today's important game." 

By now Daniel had his head up with tears streaming down his face. This was a new side to Daniel that no one had ever seen, but they knew instantly what to do. As Daniel continued to cry, one by one they began to hug him until it was a group hug. 

"It's not your fault. It's no one's fault. The other team was just strong." Maki, the team's captain, replied. 

"Yeah! If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be here right now!" Others chimed in to give support to the crumbling Daniel. As they unravelled from the hug, they left a very surprised Daniel behind.

It had been a week since they lost at the Semi-Finals and Daniel was okay. Of course, he was a little depressed but if his teammates hadn't supported him, he wouldn't be able to pull himself out of bed. Even though the season was over, he continued to practice. He trained the longest and pushed himself the hardest to make himself better.

Walking back to his apartment, Daniel couldn't help this feeling of being watched. Seeing the old rusted stair of his apartment, Daniel began walking faster. He quickly rushed up the stairs and into his room. It was a small room, but it was much bigger than the one he had back in America.

As he settled down and began his homework, his doorbell rang. Getting up and cautiously moving towards the door, he opened it. On the other side stood a young Japanese woman with glasses. 

"H-Hello..." Daniel answered softly. His mind was going a thousand mile per hour with different outcomes. But the outcome that came wasn't what he expected.

"Good Evening, Daniel Moore. I've come here to recruit you for Sedio's Baseball team." Was her simple reply.

(And that's the end of the prologue. Let the fun begin! Mic~)