Chapter 10: Unaware

A smug grin manifested it's way onto the Joker's face as he peered down on you, for he was much taller. You crossed your arms, angrilly glaring up into his frigid eyes. "Well? Tell me!" Anger filled your veins in pure resentment.
    "You act like you don't already know," He purred. "Don't play dumb." He ran his finger down your lip. Now infuriated, you jerked his hand from your face.
    "I didn't do anything last night, because I have MORALS, VALUES, ANND SELF RESPECT. Even when I'm drunk."
    "Oh really? Is that so?"
    "YES!! It is VERY SO."
    His smug grin increased as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a handful of polaroid pictures. You stared in disbelief as he handed them to you, his laughter echoing as he did so.
    The pictures were blurry, yet you could somewhat make them out. You could recognize yourself from that night, wearing nothing but a bra and panties, along with a mop of long hair. It all flashed back to you from the night before... being woken up in the middle of the night... almost being shot... the blurring car lights... being nearly naked in the middle of the street... the comfort you found in him, though you weren't even drunk. The drink you downed, the flashing lights... him. What you were doing in the pictures was the most horrifying. Your intoxicated self sprawled across the leather booth as you swooned over the clown himself, one hand draped around his shoulder, the other dangling from those gold chains you couldn't deny that you loved. The second picture was worse. You're hand remained around his shoulder,  whereas your other gripped at his pants. You were disgusted, not only at him... but yourself.

~

   Before you could say a word, he cut you off. Flabbergasted, you looked up at him, waiting for some sort of answer. "Don't worry, dollface, I would never take advantage of a drunk girl." He laughed, slapping his knee. "But I mean wasn't it obvious you wanted me?" He took the pictures back from your hand and shoved them back in his pocket "I'll need these for blackmail." He continued to laugh, spinning on his heel and walking to the bank ahead.
    You broke from your shook and chased after him once more, your mind racing with questions. "Wait!" You caught up to him, pacing quickly to keep up with his long strides. He ignored your various interrogations and sped to the large building. As you approached the entrance he whipped around, his smile wiped from his face.
   "Here is the plan, Y/N," you tilted your head in puzzlement. "This is a big heist. Most of Gotham's most wealthy citizens store there money in this bank. I have 7 goons camouflaged as security guards waiting for me, but you see, I can't exactly go in there can I?" You shook your head in agreement. "That's why I need you to go inside and be bait," he soothed, hypnotically staring into your eyes. In a trance like way you nodded your head, as if all of the previous problems were nonexistent.

    His usual "Joker" attitude transformed into something much stranger, something more focused

    His usual "Joker" attitude transformed into something much stranger, something more focused. "I'll be there in 5..." he whispered in your ear, ushering you to the large double doors. You looked back at him before you opened them, furrowing your brow. Your eyes gradually softened and you walked in.

~

    You entered the large grand bank, surrounded by luxury furniture and divine art. The shimmering walls glistened against the lights of a large chandeleir, dangling from the ceiling above. You snapped yourself from your daze and examined the people surrounding you. Many guards positioned all around the magnificent hallway, all carrying large guns in there hand. How was the Joker going to pull this off? How were you going to pull this off? He never gave you instructions, he never said anything really. You turned to the large clock on the wall. Time drizzled like an empty glass. Your heart pounded. Bait? What did that even mean?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

    A row of a dozen bombs ignited, sending rubble flying as well as guards. Smoke filled the room as did screams of pure terror. The goons dressed as guards began shooting at random civilians, there bodies hitting the cold floors. You scrambled towards a desk and huddled, waiting for some sign of the Joker. A laughing figure emerged from the smog and your face enlightened, then furrowed your brow. This is wrong. You repeated over and over to yourself, yet you couldn't help but be relieved at the sight of him. An extra lous gun fired into the ceiling, causing silence to immediatly bestow upon the fearful individuals. His iconic laugh echoed throughout the room. "You." He pointed in your direction. Show time.

    He gestured you over with his finger. You complied, slowly maneuvering through the rubble towards your destination. Before anything could be said, he gripped the back of your neck and jerked it towards him. Out of the corner of your eye you watched the same gun that had been pulled to you multiple times approach your head. You would never get used to the cold metal pressed against your forehead. You felt weak... vulnerable. All eyes burned into you, as if vultures tearing you limb from limb. He nudged you.

    "OH MY GOD PLEAASSEE DONT KILL ME!!!!" you fakely screamed, sobbing between sentences. "PLEASE PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!" You bellowed, turning yourself into an emotional mess. Your acting seemed to do it's part as worried looks appeared on the citizens of Gotham. "PLEAASSEE DONTT KILLL ME I HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!!"
    "Well, I won't kill her, IF someone gets me 2.3 million dollards STAT."

    The bank tellers flustered behind there desks, shoving money into bags and handing them to the goons. The Joker looked at his watch exhasperatedly. "3 MINUTES!" he barked. The bank tellers ran around like madmen, each one fighting for there own lives. The cars outside were eventually full of the money, and that was the end of it.

    "Thank you all so much for cooperating." He shoved you along with him outside the door, waving a sarcastic goodbye to the dozens of traumatized gotham townies.

   As you exited the building, you gripped onto the sleeve of Joker's half unbuttoned shirt. What a strange world this was, and what a strange person had you become.