Chapter 12: I choose you

“You’re going to have to” I barely whispered.

“I don’t have to do anything” He growled back.

“You’re with Leanne, so Damon let’s just not do this anymore. I know you hate me, you want nothing to do with me, I get it, you’ve made your point clear since day one, just like everyone else has. Just leave me alone” I looked straight into his eyes, and he flinched with every word I spoke.

“Reinie-” He tried to say with tears forming in his eyes.

“You lost the right to call me out the day you walked out on me, I just want you to know – No I want all of you to know, I love you all. This person you see right now, she’s the person you all created. Prophecy or no prophecy, they raped me Damon, they beat me, they burned me with bloody cigarettes, and whipped my back every day, for six god damn months. None of you came, none of you even tried to help me. The people who I thought were my family for so many years didn’t come to save me, but it’s okay, I lost all hope by the second month, so it didn’t take me that long to realize. To me family is a mutual thing, even if I would have to die to save any of you, I still would, even till this day I would, and I hate that the most. I would die for any of you, but you couldn’t rescue me, you let me suffer and I hope you’re happy; Even strangers aren’t that cruel. But I just wanted to thank you, every single one of you for all the rude remarks, beatings, and backstabbing that had taken place. It was nice having all of you in my life. Thanks for being there mom and dad, I’ll probably be moving out soon so this is my early goodbye to all of you” I looked all of them dead in the eyes, and tears were rolling down Matt’s, Dom’s, Rossie’s, Anastasia’s, Paige’s and my mother’s face. They were never good at hiding their emotions.

Damon fell to his knees, and tangled his hands in his hair.

“Don’t leave” He whispered.

I knew if I stayed here any longer I would change my mind, so picked up the phone, and started walking up stairs.

“Don’t go, please!” I heard him begging from behind me.

“Bye Damon” I whispered lowly to myself as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it away, and started dialing Pizza hut’s number.

I came into my room to find everyone dead silent, staring at me with sadness in their eyes. I knew they heard everything, and my eyes scanned the room for Ryan’s beautiful green eyes, but I couldn’t find them.

“Where’d Ryan go?” I said while handing the phone to Jessica so she could order.

She spoke into the phone, and Mason smiled weakly.

“He heard everything, he got mad and left” Mason said looking sadly in my direction.

I sighed, “Why is he mad?” I rolled my eyes.

“You didn’t tell him about Damon” Zane answered before Mason could.

“But I told him I had a mate” I was confused.

“He feels your emotions, he knows you didn’t want to lose Damon, so he thinks if he’s out of the picture that you’d be happy with Damon” Chris stared at me coldly.

“Where did he go?” I growled.

“For a run” Zane answered me, and just as the words left his mouth I jumped out of my window, shifting midair, and started sniffing Ryan out.

I followed Ryan’s sent, and eventually I found a naked Ryan sitting on the forest floor, with his knees pulled to his head.

My wolf was now really excited, she tackled him down, so he was now under her.