Chapter 14 - Family comes first

Mynx
"Come back Mynx!" My father yells as I hear my brothers screams in the background. "STOP IT!" I yelled as he let the hounds tear them to shreds. "Come back Mynx. Bring the human to me." my father demanded. "NO! STOP LET THEM GO!" I yelled. It started to feel like an earthquake. Everything began shaking. "Please let me brothers go." I begged.

"Mynx! Hey wake up!" Lycan yelled as he shook me. "L...Lycan." I whimpered out as he grabbed me and pulled me close. "What happened little one." he askes as tears stream down my face. "The hounds...my father let them get to them twins." I cried into his chest.

"No. I'm done sitting back and allowing this time happen. I'm sick of innocent people dying." he said and stood up. "Why dont you feed off humans?" Ziya asked and Lycans snapped his head in her direction. "How is that your buisness!" He yells and she flinches. "I'm just curious..." she stutters.

He stalks out the door, never taking his eyes off the human. "Were not murderous." I muttered still hearing my father scream in my head. "Huh?" Ziya says her attention bring drawn back to me. I curl my knees up to my chest and look at the human.

"The last innocent human he fed off of....he fell in love for. And she fell for him. One day....she was murdered. Lycan was supposed to meet up with her but he got held back an hour or so by my father. When he finally showed up...it was too late. These three men....had a hold of her. They rapped her. Took turns passing her around. Lycan went to fight them and she got caught in the cross fire.

She was shot. She died before Lycan could save her. So he promised he would never feed off of an innocent human again. He only killed people who deserve it after that." I tell her and her jaw drops. "Then he should kill you." she mutters. "Excuse me?" I growled. "You killed my father." she whined. "....I lied." I said as I stood and attached my katana to my back.

"Your family is fine." I said and a smile crossed her face. "Oh thank heavens." She says and I laugh. "Say that near a demon. Smart." I said as I walked past her. "Where are you going?" She asks and I stop at the front door. "Going for my brothers. I can trade me for their place. I'll make sure my brothers find you....they will take you some place where my father will never find you. You will be their property just as before." I said.

"How am I property to you!" She yelled and I turned back around to face her. "I'm sure you're a nice girl when you're not yelling and throwing temper tantrums, but my brothers mean more to me then you will ever know." I said and she replies, "you hate being owned by your father,  why let your brothers own me?" She asks and I look to the floor,

"Jace cares for you. He doesn't want to own you....he wants to share a life with you." and with that, I disappear.