Chapter 1 || Mendacity

2012, 14th October, Sunday, 6:12 PM

Dinner's in the fridge, will be back late. Don't have chocolate.

Take care xx

-Rae

"Don't have chocolate, Amber!" Serenity huffed crossly, mimicking Rae's American accent and shoved her phone into her pocket. She tapped her foot impatiently against the asphalt and shivered due to the cold. Hailing a cab as one came into view she hopped into the black car and pulled out her phone once again.

I'd like tea.

She typed in and didn't bother to add her initials or her name for that matter, Serenity was sure that Sherlock could figure out who had texted him without any help.

"Where to, Miss?"

"221B Baker Street."

.    .    .

Serenity rapped her fingers against Sherlock Holmes' door, only earning an annoyed groan from the man in the flat. John obviously wasn't home and she knew that there was no chance Sherlock would answer the door himself. Therefore Serenity decided to let herself in, lingering on the door frame for a short moment to take in her surroundings. She honestly wasn't surprised to spot a human skull lying on the mantlepiece or the spray-painted smiley face with bullet holes on the wall.

After closing the door quietly behind her she removed her coat, scarf and gloves and minced towards the two armchairs. It was fairly obvious which belonged to who, the black, leather one was obviously Sherlock's and the one with a blanket draped over the backrest was clearly John's.

Despite wanting to sit down in John's seeminly more comfortable chair, Serenity decided against it and seated herself into Sherlock's in order to irritate him.

"That's mine." He said pointedly right after Serenity had sat down.

"I'm aware." She replied with her silvery voice and turned to look at Sherlock.

He stood next to the window and was wearing a grey T-shirt and pale blue striped pajama bottoms, on top of that was a silky prussian blue dressing gown. His mop of black curls was- if possible- messier than usual, she didn't see his eyes so she was unaware whether they were still that odd colour she couldn't name.

She put her coat, scarf and gloves over the armrest and delicately picked up the teacup that was hastily placed on the mahogany coffee table next to Sherlock's armchair.

Before taking a sip, she blew of the hot liquid to cool it down.

"You know, it's actually six sugars not five." A smug smirk played on her face while she placed the cup back on the saucer and crossed her right leg over her left one.

"No one has that much sugar in their tea." He responded brusquely, not really hiding his resentment.

"I do, obviously." She stated, and as to prove her point she took another sip, this time though burning her tongue.

"Who are you?" Sherlock sharply inquired, she couldn't see his expression as he was still facing away from her but she was quite sure it was grim or glowering.

"Feeling threatened?" Serenity rose her eyebrows questioningly before finishing her rapidly cooling tea, she preferred her drink rather hot that cold.

"Curious."

"Ah, I understand." She hummed and nodded half-heartedly, her eyes wandering around the room lazily and her fingers tapping an unknown melody against the armrest.