Chapter 2

The nurse walks in with a stale expression.

"Sir, what's the problem?" She said, pen in hand and ready to write whatever the man was going to say on the clipboard.

"She...she doesn't remember," The man said. He was crying, but I could tell he was trying to hold it in. The nurse wrote down whatever she wanted to and looked back up with the same previous expression.

"Don't worry, the doctor will be with you shortly," She said and walked out of the room.

When she left the man took a quick glance towards the couch where the boy was sitting, then redirected his eyes towards me. He came towards me and sat down on the chair next to my bed.

He put his head in his hands and sighed loudly.

"Riley, you really don't remember?" He asked again. He seemed hopeful, and I felt like I needed to remember something. Something was telling me to remember...but I couldn't, I just couldn't.

"...no," I said, afraid to how he would react, judging by what happened last time. I felt bad. Should I know who he is?

The quick knocks on the door made both of us look towards the door. The person at the door, who I'm assuming is the knocker, seemed to be the doctor.

"Dr. Phillips," the man said and got up from the seat, making his way towards the door. "Could we step out into the hall for a minute?" The man asked. The doctor nodded and they waked out the door, shutting it as they exited.

I looked around the room again. There was a TV next to the window and the couch. Next to me was a fairly long counter with a skink. I turned to the left, and saw a flurry of bright colors before I felt my shoulder restrict me from turning any more.

I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw that they were flowers. "From who?" I thought to myself, and smiled. Who would buy me flowers?

"Riley?"

__________________

I left it as a cliff hanger!:) but yeah, I need a cover for this. I'm already up to... 7 reads! xD thanks for reading!